Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
All the gate numbers in terminal three have now been renamed under the prefix E. You can still get across to the satellite, but barring the lounges there is almost nothing over there now what with the shops having closed in favour of new stores having been opened on the new pier. The question for the future I guess is whether Alitalia will maintain this lounge on the satellite (which is the best one at T3), but virtually overlooked by the majority of passengers who travel from the main T3 gates.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just thought I will share my view since I visited both location at MXP and FCO within a couple of weeks.

FCO: Sorry to say but have only mainly negative vibes from this location.
- horrible signage to the lounge - but i guess it's more of ADP's fault rather than Alitalia
- staff here seems more cold compared to the MXP staff
- location is still in the "dungeon" of FCO
- only positive note is I felt the shower rooms here slightly larger compared to MXP and there is at least 2 shower rooms compared to MXP

MXP: I felt that this was truly the Casa Alitalia concept that they managed to potrait here.
- very friendly staff - not only during non-peak hours but during my visit all the staff were friendly and very welcoming especially the front desk reception and the waiting staff
- love the direct to plane boarding from the lounge - guess this is possible due to the couple of intercontinental flights that departs from MXP
- the place seems better kept compared to FCO - most probably again due to the limited usage of this lounge
- of course the window view compared to the windowless view @ FCO

Still a very welcomed improvement compared to the old lounges
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Hard to believe even considered constructing allowed without any windows at a major international heard such as Rome. Who the hell authorise that?!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by AirCub1
All the gate numbers in terminal three have now been renamed under the prefix E. You can still get across to the satellite, but barring the lounges there is almost nothing over there now what with the shops having closed in favour of new stores having been opened on the new pier. The question for the future I guess is whether Alitalia will maintain this lounge on the satellite (which is the best one at T3), but virtually overlooked by the majority of passengers who travel from the main T3 gates.
Near what gate number is the casa alitalia lounge located? Since the post after you complains about poor signage and the ST lounge finder isn't much help either, I figure it would be better to ask here beforehand
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by tobitronics
Near what gate number is the casa alitalia lounge located? Since the post after you complains about poor signage and the ST lounge finder isn't much help either, I figure it would be better to ask here beforehand
[Assuming you are departing on a non-Schengen flight]

It used to be G11 with the old numbering system, E41 as we speak. If you are connecting from a service within Schengen, simply follow the signs for E and specifically E31-E44, you will reach the satellite in question with the SkyBridge people mover. If your flight departs from E1-24 or E51-61, please remember to allow plenty of time in order to reach your new gate. The Casa Alitalia in Rome is a decent lounge with above average food, even though the one at MXP is probably a tad better in all respects. In any case, enjoy.

G
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
I'm flying SCL-FCO next month and connecting from FCO to a Schengen flight, can I by any chance still access Casa Alitalia? Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by newflyer530
I'm flying SCL-FCO next month and connecting from FCO to a Schengen flight, can I by any chance still access Casa Alitalia? Thanks!
You could however you would be slightly uncomfortable with timings as such depending on when your next flight is - perhaps you could share more details concerning your connection?

G
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You could however you would be slightly uncomfortable with timings as such depending on when your next flight is - perhaps you could share more details concerning your connection?

G
It's a 3.5 hour connection in FCO, i heard passport control in FCO can take a while sometimes?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:45 am

It's a 3.5 hour connection in FCO
That's plenty of time and I would not hesitate to spend a couple of hours in the lounge before heading back to the main terminal where, I'm afraid, the only Alitalia lounge (the one air-side as there's a slightly better lounge adjacent to the check-in area, T1, land-side) is probably one of the worst I've ever seen at an airline's home hub.

i heard passport control in FCO can take a while sometimes?
It has improved significantly since the opening of the new concourse (E) - the new, long-awaited set-up was a much needed addition for an airport with that magnitude of traffic.

G
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:17 am

That's plenty of time and I would not hesitate to spend a couple of hours in the lounge before heading back to the main terminal where, I'm afraid, the only Alitalia lounge (the one air-side as there's a slightly better lounge adjacent to the check-in area, T1, land-side) is probably one of the worst I've ever seen at an airline's home hub.

It has improved significantly since the opening of the new concourse (E) - the new, long-awaited set-up was a much needed addition for an airport with that magnitude of traffic.

G
Brilliant! Thanks for the help AlicorporateUK! I'll report back how the experience went ^
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
[Assuming you are departing on a non-Schengen flight]

It used to be G11 with the old numbering system, E41 as we speak. If you are connecting from a service within Schengen, simply follow the signs for E and specifically E31-E44, you will reach the satellite in question with the SkyBridge people mover. If your flight departs from E1-24 or E51-61, please remember to allow plenty of time in order to reach your new gate. The Casa Alitalia in Rome is a decent lounge with above average food, even though the one at MXP is probably a tad better in all respects. In any case, enjoy.

G
Thanks for the info, appreciate it!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:34 pm

Does the new casa alitalia lounge at FCO have any alitalia store (selling alitalia merchandise) like the old alitalia lounge had?

i have a trip to italy coming, and would love to buy some official alitalia merchandise at FCO airport.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Does the new casa alitalia lounge at FCO have any alitalia store (selling alitalia merchandise) like the old alitalia lounge had?

i have a trip to italy coming, and would love to buy some official alitalia merchandise at FCO airport.
Not that I know of, but I have visited all the AZ lounges at FCO and I have never noticed a store.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:47 pm

Flying J on a one-leg upgrade JFK-FCO en route to MLA via Air Malta (AZ code share/same ticket). Says I'm arriving (8:40am) and departing from FCO terminal 3 with a 1hr40 layover. Any way for me to safely visit Casa Alitalia while I'm there? Would they even let me in?
Old May 3, 2017, 2:43 am

Your MLA flight will leave from the Schengen side, and you will have to clear passport control to get there, so even if technically you can go to the lounge after clearing security, I will not recommend wasting time before heading to immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.