Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:55 am

Traveling AZ intercon Y in a few days ST Elite+. Don't have my physical card with me and status doesn't appear to have updated yet on partner airline systems. What's the deal with the dragons at Casa Alitalia, will the virtual card from my FF program be enough?

Cheers

Update: access granted no problem.

Last edited by SkyWorld; Jul 21, 2016 at 1:07 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by dpao
By the way, one of the nicest things about the MXP Casa Alitalia lounge: direct access from the lounge to gate B59. (You have to take a quick trip down one elevator, but still...)
I've never flown out of MXP, but will in the future, so please forgive the ignorant question -- does this mean only particular flights that use that gate can be accessed from the lounge? Am I misunderstanding?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: CX,A3, TK, AZ,KQ
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the Star Alliance Gold members flying CA have access at Casa Alitalia too?

The older Giotto lounge was a contract lounge for CA Gold members, is it still the same with Casa Alitalia?

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:31 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by fedeflyer
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the Star Alliance Gold members flying CA have access at Casa Alitalia too?

Thanks
Use Lounge Finder on Star Alliance web site.

But why do you think you have access? It is AZ/Sky Team/Etihad lounge...
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Use Lounge Finder on Star Alliance web site.

But why do you think you have access? It is AZ/Sky Team/Etihad lounge...

I've checked on Star Alliance website (lounge finder) and updating my flight information (I fly economy on CA and I'm TK Gold) I get that my Star Alliance lounge (contracted lounge must be) is Sala Giotto Alitalia.

I guess Sala Giotto has turned now in Casa Alitalia, right?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:46 am

Does anyone know whether there is a smoking facility within the Casa Alitalia lounge at MXP? I am not looking for a fancy smokers lounge, but more than just a cigarette booth.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
Does anyone know whether there is a smoking facility within the Casa Alitalia lounge at MXP? I am not looking for a fancy smokers lounge, but more than just a cigarette booth.
I don't believe so, I do not remember seeing one.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
I have been two times in AZ lounge in MXP: first time just 1 week after the opening and more recently 2 weeks ago. Frankly, the lounge is outstanding! I will try to post some pictures in the future but it is clearly a lounge made with Arabs money in order to catch the passengers actually flying Emirates (the 2 lounges are next to each other).

Bar service with bartender ready to make you cocktails. He will also pass in the lounge to ask if you fancy a drink. They even have coffee sorbet.
A huge assortment of primi, secondi, cold cuts, focaccia, pizza and snacks. If you want you can sit in a table and order to the waitress and you will be served at the table which can be booked for groups.
2-3 areas separated where you can chat or sleep or being more quiet.
A wall of different kind of wines they can open for you (I guess not all but you may ask)
New and clean toilets.
Prayer-meditation room.
I didn't see any smoking area but downstair there's one.

You have a direct access to the planes. Actually (2 weeks ago I discussed the matter) it works for both Abu Dhabi flights (morning; night) while is in discussion for New York and Tokyo. Not expected for Moscow flight.

The lounge really deserve a visit and, up today, is the best lounge I ever visited for food and drinks. It really makes me willing to travel via Abu Dhabi especially because you can have proper dinner and forget the food on plane.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
Not that I know of.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Let me just say that the lounge in FCO is brilliant and elegant The only downside is the absolute lack of windows.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
The Sunday after thanksgiving at FCO their personnel went around the lounge distributing turkey minimeatballs, cake and Ferrari fluts, while taking pictures with US flags.
Wish I could find somewhere my pic, since they took it between two of their FA's wearing these new, form fitting, uniforms.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by thesaints
...Wish I could find somewhere my pic, since they took it between two of their FA's wearing these new, form fitting, uniforms.
Tsk, tsk, tsk! Will you show it your wife/girlfriend?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KLouis
Tsk, tsk, tsk! Will you show it your wife/girlfriend?
When in FCO, do as the Romans do.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:09 am

Luggage Storage at FCO - Casa Alitalia T1?

Hi,

do you know if there's a luggage storage in the T1 Casa Alitalia Lounge?

I know it's my home airport and I should know it but since AZ refurbished the lounges I've been in the T1 lounge only once and only for a very short time.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:34 am

Hi guys,

I have a coming flight FCO-WUH with CZ, I'd like to visit the new Casa Alitalia lounge at FCO and I have the Alitalia Freccia Alata Gold card (got through Status Match) going to expire at the end of March 17.
Can I have access at the lounge on CZ flight? I can see from the FCO airport website that generally this flight leaves from T3 but don't know if from Satellite G where the new lounge is..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.