Same day changes

Old May 26, 2016, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Same day changes

How likely is AZ to allow same-day changes (such as moving to an earlier or a later flight) without change fees? I'm talking about a short-haul flight, assuming of course there are actual available seats (but not necessarily in the same booking class).

Thank you,

Shuly
Old May 26, 2016, 3:03 am

Very unlikely, I'm afraid. Your best bet is, in case, to speak to one of the ladies at the ticket/check-in counter at the Dolce Vita lounge (T1, land-side) as they always seem to be extremely helpful.

G
Old May 29, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Don't count on it, even at the lounges.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Got it, thanks a lot,

Shuly
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Happy to report that the kind lady at the lounge had no problem moving us to an earlier flight. We had boarding cards for FCO-CDG leaving three hours later, and she was happy to accomodate us on any of the two earlier flights.

One key was not having checked luggage. The other, I believe, was that we were in business (but on a highly restricted fare, incurring change fees).

Shuly
jonkx likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by shuly
How likely is AZ to allow same-day changes (such as moving to an earlier or a later flight) without change fees?
This will be governed by the fare rules of the ticket you bought.

But nice to see that the staff can exercise discretion when met with a polite enquiry!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have found AZ most willing to put me on earlier domestic services which connect via the FCO hub in order to make the connection more successful. This is useful because sometimes the very short FCO connections are the cheapest and one with an hour or two is more expensive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.