Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airlines Lounge in KL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish E+, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Malaysia Airlines Lounge in KL

Does anyone know if you can use the Malaysia Airlines Lounge in KL when flying Malaysia as an Alata Plus?

Also, do you get extra baggage on Malaysia?

Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
No, lounge access is not provided as MH is oneworld member, however, due to AZ Mille Miglia co-operation, you can potentially earn some AZ MM points https://www.alitalia.com/en_it/mille...-airlines.html
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish E+, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Actually, you don't even earn miles with Malaysia. I think the info is outdated.

I tried to input my AZ ff number when booking online, but no option for AZ. Also, tried to give it to the check in agent, and she said there isn't a partnership of any sort between the two airlines.
Old May 5, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: Etihad Plat, A3*G, HHonors DIA, GHA Plat
That's a bit weird. While there is no word on Lounge Access, it clearly states in the table "for flights until MAR 31st 2016" and "for flights as of APR 1st 2016", so it can't be that outdated...

Name:  amap000v1us2.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  37.3 KB

I guess it must have just been an uninformed agent...
Old May 6, 2016, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rostovru
Does anyone know if you can use the Malaysia Airlines Lounge in KL when flying Malaysia as an Alata Plus?

Also, do you get extra baggage on Malaysia?

Thanks.
No lounge
No extra baggage
No qualifying miles
No perks whatsoever - your AZ status is meaningless on MH.

All you can do is earn Award Miles.

Originally Posted by rostovru
Actually, you don't even earn miles with Malaysia. I think the info is outdated.

I tried to input my AZ ff number when booking online, but no option for AZ. Also, tried to give it to the check in agent, and she said there isn't a partnership of any sort between the two airlines.
MH's website only allows fellow oneworld FFP numbers to be added, and Emirates Skywards numbers [MH recently concluded a deal with EK and EK now carries almost all of MH's longhaul customers to Europe]. You can earn miles on certain Malaysia flights in several non-oneworld FFPs - such as AZ's Millemiglia, and AFKL's Flying Blue - just because you cannot add these numbers yourself does not mean that you cannot earn miles.

Last edited by irishguy28; May 6, 2016 at 1:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.