Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Rome FCO is Alitalia's main hub which means that any desk would be able to check you in and, virtually, at any time (the 2 hours' restriction mostly applies to outstations). It has to be seen whether they will be in the mood of doing so however, if you have Sky Team status, the answer would definitely be yes and the place to go, in case, would be the lounge located land-side at T1 (they have a few check-in desks in there).

G
Reporting back, no status, my fare (youth) might have prevented me using the self-service bag drop but the agent happily checked my bag about 10 hours before my flight departed.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
I made an award booking using MilleMiglia miles on Etihad, but never got a confirmation email. Does this happen with Alitalia?

The phone agent I spoke to was barely helpful on this front.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:33 am

Hi

I'm planning to book Alitalia London to Santiago Chile via Rome next year in Premium Economy. The 2 legs London/Rome/London are coming up as being Business Class - does this mean I can use the lounges in London on the way out and Rome on the stop-over on the way back to London?

Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Enhancements
I made an award booking using MilleMiglia miles on Etihad, but never got a confirmation email. Does this happen with Alitalia?

The phone agent I spoke to was barely helpful on this front.
Did you get a PNR and/or a ticket number? Can you find your booking/reservation on the Etihad website? Can you find the booking/PNR/eticket number when you are logged into your Millemiglia account?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertoBruno
Hi

I'm planning to book Alitalia London to Santiago Chile via Rome next year in Premium Economy. The 2 legs London/Rome/London are coming up as being Business Class - does this mean I can use the lounges in London on the way out and Rome on the stop-over on the way back to London?

Thanks.
Yes, you will be able to access the Skyteam lounge at Heathrow T4 and the Alitalia lounge at Rome ahead of your shorthaul business class flights between London and Rome.

Bear in mind, however, that Alitalia is currently in administration and may not be in existence next year.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:56 am

OK irishguy28, thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arkangel
FEBO = Requests taken from the Front on Even numbered flights, and from the Back on Odd numbered ones. Started by AA, I believe, and now instituted by DL, but maybe not all of ST.
While some Dutch customers may wish to see FEBO on KLM flights, luckily for all of us it will never (hopefully!) happen.

Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Can somebody point me to the baggage allowances for each fare class on Alitalia? I just got a nasty surprise on my ATH-FCO return trip of a round trip. I am on an H fare class per my TA, but the counter agent says the ticket comes with NIL baggage allowance. So they charged me €140 for three pieces. Is it true that an H fare comes with no allowance? The total fare for the roundtrip FCO-ATH trip was €390, which was in line with what other carriers were charging.

I'm particularly confused because they charged me nothing on the outbound leg. IF I would have known I was going to be charged, I would have consolidated bags and moved all my liquids to one bag and carried 2 of them on. But I wasn't going to do all that while at the CheckIn counter!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:58 pm

I have an upcoming flight on tickets issued by Alitalia code-share and operated by Etihad and TAP from BKK-AUH-FCO-LIS and return.

I've never flown a codeshare flight, especially one like this that has tons of different alliances and non-alliances in play.

Any clue if I have a chance in hell at crediting the Etihad operated flights to American (miles only I know, not EQD/EQM) and TAP flights to United or Singapore? Or no way since issued by Alitalia?

And if no way, it sounds like putting the flights on another SkyTeam frequent flier account I have like Delta is a no-go since they aren't actually operated by a SkyTeam carrier...

Any insight is appreciated.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Moved to different thread.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 31, 2017 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:10 am

[QUOTE=Bear in mind, however, that Alitalia is currently in administration and may not be in existence next year.[/QUOTE]

We are planning a family trip to Rome next March; returning from Venice. Is the general consensus not to book on Alitalia?

Am looking at them as they have the best fares for business. Any advice welcome. (we are flying from MCO; some of the family from SYR and others from NYC)
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Katiebelle
We are planning a family trip to Rome next March; returning from Venice. Is the general consensus not to book on Alitalia?

Am looking at them as they have the best fares for business. Any advice welcome. (we are flying from MCO; some of the family from SYR and others from NYC)
Greetings, Katiebelle, welcome to the Alitalia forum.

You might be able to get your itinerary booked through DL (006 instead of 055), this would put your mind at rest should everything go tits-up with AZ, you would indeed (most certainly) have DL to make alternative arrangements for you.

G
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:33 am

Luggage Question - AA issued ticket, AlItalia return

I'm on an AA itinerary from the States but returning I my originating flight is a short hop on AlItalia from Catania to Rome, and then picking up AA in FCO.

Since this was booked on AA, I called them and they confirmed that AZ would be able to check my bag through to the States and would handle the transfer in FCO.

But, I just called AZ and they told me two things: 1) that they would not handle the transfer and that I'd have to leave the secured area at FCO, collect my luggage, and then recheck in with AA. and 2) I only will get one free bag on AZ and will be charged for the second bag - even though I am Platinum on AA because they have no agreement with AA.

Any thoughts or ways around this?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
We are flying Alitalia via a DL booking today and they were able to check our baggage thru (NCE - FCO - BOS) without collecting / rechecking.

We do have to collect new boarding passes in FCO though from delta (although flight is operated by AZ). Husband's reservation was ticketed (I had called and asked before leaving the states) but AZ couldn't find him anywhere in the system. V. strange.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
In people's experiences - how long does it take for AZ to redeposit miles from an award booking?

Context: They changed one of my award bookings, now have a misconnect. They refuse to book me onto a direct KL flight (wasn't available when I booked) and have offered a refund of taxes (in bank account) and miles (no where to be seen).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.