Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
The land-side one.
Is it still there? Just wondering as I've not been for quite long time and last time I only briefly popped in because I was having issues with check-in and didn't think of turning right and look!

Edit: I obviously meant the flight simulator!

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Mar 4, 2017 at 5:12 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Is it still there? Just wondering as I've not been for quite long time and last time I only briefly popped in because I was having issues with check-in and didn't think of turning right and look!

Edit: I obviously meant the flight simulator!

G
It's probably been almost a year since I was there last, and it was still there.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I arrived into LHR and bags didn't arrive, filled out the form, and wrote i am a resident in the UK.
Claimed back expenses now via email, they originally denied to reimburse expenses, as delivered within 48 hours, and i wrote i am not a visitor, however I then sent them proof of my permanent residence abroad, and they then sent me that they would give an E-Code for online flight bookings for 200 euro.

Should I accept this 200 euro voucher, or should i push and get the expenses back in money (which were around 200 euro)? Will they deny me even the 200 euro voucher if i say i want the money and they refuse?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I arrived into LHR and bags didn't arrive, filled out the form, and wrote i am a resident in the UK.
Claimed back expenses now via email, they originally denied to reimburse expenses, as delivered within 48 hours, and i wrote i am not a visitor, however I then sent them proof of my permanent residence abroad, and they then sent me that they would give an E-Code for online flight bookings for 200 euro.

Should I accept this 200 euro voucher, or should i push and get the expenses back in money (which were around 200 euro)? Will they deny me even the 200 euro voucher if i say i want the money and they refuse?
If you plan to fly with them any time soon, you might as well just take the voucher, otherwise just insist on getting compensated in cash, I found out that it is quite normal with AZ that you have to insist several times until they give you what you are entitled to
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
If you plan to fly with them any time soon, you might as well just take the voucher, otherwise just insist on getting compensated in cash, I found out that it is quite normal with AZ that you have to insist several times until they give you what you are entitled to
Thanks but am I right in that despite the fact I filled the form out , writing I was not a visitor to the UK, I can still claim compensation by showing proof of permanent residence abroad?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:06 am

Thanks but am I right in that despite the fact I filled the form out , writing I was not a visitor to the UK, I can still claim compensation by showing proof of permanent residence abroad?
I don't even know why AZ go to these corners, but I've seen it all with them, from getting a compensation for a delayed bag just for complaining (I got back home and they actually saved me a taxi by delivering my bags to my home the next day ) to offering a ridiculous 70€ compensation for a 250€ bag the broke and cannot be repaired.

So if you want the cash, just insist on it, as long as you have receipts you should be fine.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA

Well, if you stated to be a resident of the UK, then you will have a hard time to get your expenses to be refunded... EUR 200 for a 48h delayed piece of baggage is a big amount, seen from the view that you've been at your residential home...

It now looks a bit of strange if you want to fight for this amount and to deny your information that you've given to the airline...

So, I would stick up with the EUR 200 voucher and use it for new flights!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:59 pm
Suspended

I don't even know why AZ go to these corners, but I've seen it all with them, from getting a compensation for a delayed bag just for complaining (I got back home and they actually saved me a taxi by delivering my bags to my home the next day ) to offering a ridiculous 70€ compensation for a 250€ bag the broke and cannot be repaired.

So if you want the cash, just insist on it, as long as you have receipts you should be fine.
Many thanks for this advice! Got this:

Dear Guest,

In response to the claim received on 23.03.2017 we wish to renew our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at the time of your journey with Alitalia on flight AZ 00204 on 14.03.2017.
As agreed, we will proceed with a credit transfer to your bank account in the sum of GBP 173,60 within 30 days.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your full confidence in Alitalia soon. Please do not hesitate to contact our Contact Center for any further information, if needed, at 0044.871.424.1424.
Kindest regards,
Alitalia Customer Relations
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
FEBO in J Transatlantic?

Will be flying JFK-FCO in J in July and was wondering if FEBO is observed for taking meal requests in J.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
FEBO?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
FEBO?
FEBO = Requests taken from the Front on Even numbered flights, and from the Back on Odd numbered ones. Started by AA, I believe, and now instituted by DL, but maybe not all of ST.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
Alitalia qualifying miles

I am taking a family trip to Athens this summer, and have purchased 4 discounted business class tickets through Delta. ORD-FCO-ATH on Alitalia on the outbound and ATH-CDG-ORD on AF on the return. I am planning to credit the miles to Alitalia, seeing as I never fly Delta. I also noticed that Alitalia will allow me to credit the miles (but not qualifying miles) earned by children between 2-13 to my account (mine are 9 and 11, so this will work). The tickets were purchased through my travel agent, and have a Delta fare code of Z. I am trying to figure our how many qualifying miles I would earn on Alitalia for doing this, but I can't find the chart anywhere. Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
I am looking at booking a flight to CAI, however am getting conflicting information about the baggage allowance on flights to/from Egypt. On the checked baggage page on AZ's website it says economy has an allowance of 2 x 23KG in Y, however when I go to book a ticket, it says only 1 X 23KG bag on the booking engine. Does anyone know what the actual baggage allowance is?
.html

https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/fly-a...d-baggage.html

Old May 1, 2017, 10:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Sorry to re-hash an old question but .. is it true that Alitalia will charge for selecting an Economy Comfort or Exit Row seat at the airport? I just booked an award online as Ulisse and it allowed comfort seat selection without any kind of fee disclosure. Is it best to just select a new seat and avoid the awkward check-in moment?
Old May 21, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite Plus
Is it safe to buy Alitalia tickets?

I am planing on flying with AZ this summer from MEX to FCO, but I am worried that AZ might go under, is there risk in buying these tickets?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.