Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Old Nov 28, 18, 2:55 pm

Programs: AF-KL P | AZ CFA | SK G | LH FTL
Originally Posted by Wojtek Slawski View Post
Hi guys, any idea why i might have broken check-in both on in their app and website? I get error "!NO VCR FOUND-ISSUE TKT OR COLLECT TKT ? USE TKT EDIT" they just told me to call help, of course it's working 8-18 in my country so i need to call them tomorrow.
Cześć, Wojtek - Witam w FlyerTalk.

Whilst I have never encountered such error message (nor anything even remotely similar to that, for the records) while checking-in, I would however suggest the following steps: double check your reservation through the relevant section (i.e. My Flights) on the Alitalia website to see if everything is okay, clear your browser's cache/cookies/history and try to check-in again. Failing all attempts, give UK customer services a call (even though it may be too late now, if you are based in Poland), they will be more than happy to look into this for you - their number is +443335665544.

In the worst case scenario, just turn up at the airport a bit earlier - assuming you will be flying from Warsaw, the Alitalia station manager (that's the only lady wearing an Alitalia uniform behind the check-in desk) is extremely helpful and she's been around for ages, or you could always try the Alitalia ticketing desk (left-hand side as you face the check-in desks).

Please let us know how you get on (and I'm assuming you are aware that check-in opens 48 hours prior to departure?).

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Nov 28, 18 at 3:03 pm Reason: further details added.
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Cześć, Wojtek - Witam w FlyerTalk.

Whilst I have never encountered such error message (and anything even remotely similar to that, for the records) while checking-in, I would however suggest the following: double check your reservation through the relevant section (i.e. My Flights) on the Alitalia website to see if everything is okay, clear your browser's cache/cookies/history and try to check-in again. Failing all attempts, give UK customer services a call (even though it may be too late now, if you are based in Poland), they will be more than happy to look into this for you - their number is +443335665544.

In the worst case scenario, just turn up at the airport a bit earlier - assuming you will be flying from Warsaw, the Alitalia station manager (that's the only lady wearing an Alitalia uniform behind the check-in desk) is extremely helpful and she's been around for ages.

Please let us know how you get on (and I'm assuming you are aware that check-in opens 48 hours prior to departure?).

G
Well thanks for answer, yea i i know i have 48 hours, i have next day tomorrow to figur out this stuff, well was already trying to do this on three different devices so it's not about device cookies or something like this, defintely problem on alitalia side, on My Flights i have correctly my flight displayed as well payment information etc.

EDIT: Well it got fixed itself because it worked now, so no need to panic and call etc

Last edited by Wojtek Slawski; Nov 28, 18 at 5:29 pm
Old Dec 6, 18, 2:48 pm

Programs: MilleMiglia, Etihad Guest, Le Club AccorHotels
Hello everyone,
I flew Alitala so far twice, back in 2013 in Y BEG-FCO (operated by Air Serbia) / FCO-BEG and in 2016 in Y BEG-FLR via FCO.

Now I plan booking Alitalia Premium Economy Y+ for my summer trip (June 2019) BEG-FCO-YYZ. I went through the topic, but I still need to inquire with you about the following - legs BEG-FCO and FCO-BEG are shown as Business. Is that a standard for Alitalia? And that entails loung acces in for BEG-FCO outbound segment and FCO-BEG inbound?

Also, does Alitalia offer dedicated business/premium economy shuttle bus in case of plane being in distant parking positiion?
Old Dec 6, 18, 3:30 pm

It is not uncommon for either the domestic or 'European' sector (in your specific case: BEG-FCO) to book into C (business) when purchasing a Y+ fare so, yes, you will be flying business from Belgrade to Rome and vice-versa, meaning lounge access at both ends (and I hope you have a reasonably long layover, which would allow you to make the most of the new Casa Alitalia lounge at FCO/3/E).

G
Old Dec 6, 18, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by darusazrs View Post
Also, does Alitalia offer dedicated business/premium economy shuttle bus in case of plane being in distant parking positiion?
Apologies, I had missed that one. The answer is not I'm afraid but you'll be pleased to hear that Belgrade flights tend to dock on to an E gate at T3, that's at least the pattern I've noticed in my years of flying the route (and this year I did quite a few Sarajevo to Rome via Belgrade - we only once parked at a remote stand and noticed a few Alitalia staff once we got off the bus as we were late and people were running to make their connections).

G
Old Yesterday, 11:42 pm

Programs: Qantas, Air new Zealand, British Airways, Cathay
Flying Alitalia Rome to Palermo in a few days time.

Two questions - the carry-on luggage sizing seems to be marginally different to other airlines - my hard-sided case is the right height, but 5cm too wide (and 5 cm thinner than the max). Any views on whether that's an issue?
Secondly, are Alitalia status matching these days? I have Qantas Gold and Cathay Diamond....
Old Today, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by fairhsa View Post
Any views on whether that's an issue?
Concerning the carry-on, most likely not. While staff at outstations tend to be slightly more 'vigilant' on such matters (and some of those outstations have proper weighing tools etc.), I've however never really experienced any 'proper' checks at Fiumicino. Also, Palermo services are mostly operated by Airbus A321 aircraft hence I can't really see a problem there.

Originally Posted by fairhsa View Post
are Alitalia status matching these days? I have Qantas Gold and Cathay Diamond
There's a significant degree of uncertainty surrounding Alitalia's loyalty program at the moment: long-story-short, MilleMiglia is basically owned by Etihad and, as you're probably already aware, the 2 carriers are currently discontinuing most commercial agreements. There are rumours suggesting that Alitalia could probably launch an alternative frequent flyer scheme and at that time they will probably be more keen to status-match.

G