Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Good morning, watery - welcome to the AZ forum.

In answer to your questions:

1. You shouldn't have any issue on AZ operated services.

2. The offer has no restrictions, as long as you're 25 at the time of boarding.

I hope this helps.

Best,

G
A late thank you as I have just booked all legs in youth fare (and same-day connecting flights in single ticket). Trip in May. Hope everything will go smooth.

May I also ask the earliest check-in open time in FCO? I'm arriving at FCO in the morning (non-AZ) then AZ domestic flight to PMO at night. Given I don't want to take checked baggage with me to the city, can I check baggage in the morning for a night flight, or have to wait till 2 hours before departure as other posts suggested? Thank you.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by watery
A late thank you as I have just booked all legs in youth fare (and same-day connecting flights in single ticket). Trip in May. Hope everything will go smooth.

May I also ask the earliest check-in open time in FCO? I'm arriving at FCO in the morning (non-AZ) then AZ domestic flight to PMO at night. Given I don't want to take checked baggage with me to the city, can I check baggage in the morning for a night flight, or have to wait till 2 hours before departure as other posts suggested? Thank you.
Rome FCO is Alitalia's main hub which means that any desk would be able to check you in and, virtually, at any time (the 2 hours' restriction mostly applies to outstations). It has to be seen whether they will be in the mood of doing so however, if you have Sky Team status, the answer would definitely be yes and the place to go, in case, would be the lounge located land-side at T1 (they have a few check-in desks in there).

G
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Flying TLV-FCO-JFK, how many points willl it be to add extra suitcase?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Flying TLV-FCO-JFK, how many points willl it be to add extra suitcase?
What kind of points?

Here you will find the prices for excess baggage: https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/fly-a...d-baggage.html
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
What kind of points?

Here you will find the prices for excess baggage: https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/fly-a...d-baggage.html
Meaning how many Millimeglia miles will I have to use to pay for an extra suitcase?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Meaning how many Millimeglia miles will I have to use to pay for an extra suitcase?
https://www.alitalia.com/en_it/mille...end-miles.html
https://www.alitalia.com/en_it/mille...golamento.html

3. Information on the miles needed to purchase additional services and the purchase itself can be requested by contacting MilleMiglia Member Services
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Thanks, I saw that, was asking if anyone had any experience.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:28 am

Rome FCO Airport

Another Silly question: I am traveling from Boston to Venice on May 19. Flights info as follows:
AZ 615 arriving FCO at 12:45PM
AZ 1475 leaving FCO at 2:30

I don't know how to determine if these flights are in the same terminal, if I have to gather my bags and check in again and go through security. If I have to change terminals is 1:45 adequate time to accomplish this? I've been to FCO before and seen long lines and I am stressing over this arrangement!

Regards,
Stupid Old Man
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by RonD123
Another Silly question: I am traveling from Boston to Venice on May 19. Flights info as follows:
AZ 615 arriving FCO at 12:45PM
AZ 1475 leaving FCO at 2:30

I don't know how to determine if these flights are in the same terminal, if I have to gather my bags and check in again and go through security. If I have to change terminals is 1:45 adequate time to accomplish this? I've been to FCO before and seen long lines and I am stressing over this arrangement!

Regards,
Stupid Old Man
Hi, Ron.

No silly question at all.

Is there any particular reason why you would want/need to collect your bags once in Rome? Your bags (even if you are booked on 2 separate tickets) will be sent to your final destination and, whilst indeed you will have to go through passports and then security on your way from T3 to T1, 1H45M is more than enough and you will even have time to grab some food in the lounge (in case you hold any applicable Sky Team status). In a nutshell: you will collect both boarding passes in BOS, your bags will be sent to VCE and you will have to go through passports and security once in Rome, transferring from T3 to T1.

Let me know if you need anything else in relation to the above.

G
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:38 am

G;
Thanks. You told me what I wanted to know!!
Regards,
Ron
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: WP
AZ. If you struggle with your local contact centre, do not hesitate to get in touch with their social media team via either Facebook or Twitter, they are normally far more efficient than their front (and back, also, for that purpose) office colleagues.

G
I am having hair pulling experience with AZ on this schedule change. I've been calling AZ for weeks and they keep saying the system are not showing a schedule change by DL (US domestic segment operated by DL but AZ codeshare), even though I can see it on AZ.com. I was asked to call again in a few days, which I did, and the same messages gets repeated. I tried FB message, and they don't cannot do reservation questions (I dont use Twitter).

I called AZ again yesterday and when they repeated their stance, I had it. The agent was even questioning me on why I cant make the new time, which is 2 hrs earlier than I originally booked. I told them my meeting doesn't end till after the new departure time, the agent in turn ask how is it that I am going to be able to get to the airport based on the original departure time as I have to be at the airport 2hrs before departure if I cannot make the new time. Really??

Long story short, there was a lot of back and forth with the agent, and they are seeking authorization to get the DL domestic flight changed to a later time, and will call me and let me know. That was yesterday, I am still waiting, and looks like I will have to call in again in an hour, and I have a feeling I will have to lose a day of work to take the new flight time.

Lesson learnt, TATL/TPAC codeshare is a hassle not worth the savings.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE), VA Platinum
Hi experts,

Just wanted to clarify something.

Flying from BCN - FCO, then FCO - CAG.

I have access to the lounge through the Virgin Australia partnership.

Just wanting to clarify that the lounge in Terminal 1 is landside? And would this be the best to use?

Thanks in advance

g
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:26 am

@drgoz -

Your best bet (as you're connecting T1-T1) would be the lounge airside (T1, D-gates area), but the one landside (T1, check-in area) is certainly more pleasant.

G
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE), VA Platinum
@drgoz -

Your best bet (as you're connecting T1-T1) would be the lounge airside (T1, D-gates area), but the one landside (T1, check-in area) is certainly more pleasant.

G
Thank you!

Which one has the flight simulator?

g
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by drgoz
Thank you!

Which one has the flight simulator?

g
The land-side one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.