Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Newbie Question Thread] Ask your basic questions about Alitalia.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Sorry, Ralph - probably myself being switched off but can you clarify what EAP stands for (I am assuming either Etihad or Air Berlin?).

G
Apologies, it's the abbreviatation for Etihad Airways Partners.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
As I wrote, I already checked those regulations but they only mention Skyteam Elites, hence my confusion. I am referring to the standardised benefits of Etihad Airways Partners. As I see it, Topbonus Silver equals Ulisse with regards to baggage, however I cannot find a clear confirmation this does (not) apply to Light fares.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
As I wrote, I already checked those regulations but they only mention Skyteam Elites, hence my confusion. I am referring to the standardised benefits of Etihad Airways Partners. As I see it, Topbonus Silver equals Ulisse with regards to baggage, however I cannot find a clear confirmation this does (not) apply to Light fares.
According to this, you should be okay, but I have no first hand experience with this, I'm afraid... Are you due to travel in the next couple of days? I should be in FCO next week and could ask one of the agents at the former Dolce Vita lounge.

G
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
According to this, you should be okay, but I have no first hand experience with this, I'm afraid... Are you due to travel in the next couple of days? I should be in FCO next week and could ask one of the agents at the former Dolce Vita lounge.

G
I'm flying in two weeks.
I am afraid the matter is further complicated by the fact that KLM handles AZ flights at AMS and I fear they will not be familiar with the Etihad/Air Berlin partnership.
Also, for some reason Alitalia's manage my booking tool does not even show Air Berlin or Topbonus as a partner airline. It did during the booking proces though.

I have printed all relevant websites pages and will hope for the best.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Also, for some reason Alitalia's manage my booking tool does not even show Air Berlin or Topbonus as a partner airline. It did during the booking proces though.
As long as you were able to add your AB FF number during the booking process then you're sound. One of the glitches affecting the new AZ web platform will prevent you from amending the FF number added at the time of booking, which is very frustrating as check-in agents also seem to be struggling with this. The other day I spent a good half-an-hour at the check-in counter in Warsaw as I wanted to switch from FB to MM (I was flying C and wanted to make the most of the bonus) but, believe me or not, they eventually weren't able to do so and blamed it all on Sabre!

G
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:57 am

I booked an AZ award ticket with Flying Blue miles. I remember there was some hack to see the PNR on Alitalia's site. Is there?

Flying Blue let me select row 29 (exit row, I think) for the economy booking so I wanted to see if I actually get that seat.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich
I booked an AZ award ticket with Flying Blue miles. I remember there was some hack to see the PNR on Alitalia's site. Is there?

Flying Blue let me select row 29 (exit row, I think) for the economy booking so I wanted to see if I actually get that seat.

Thanks!
Though you would have the AZ PNR (btw the AF PNR should work too) it's not said you'll be able to see your booking.
My last two trips (AZ tkt on AZ metal) were like this...
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich

Thanks!
Give FB a call, they will swiftly provide you with the AZ PNR.

G
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:50 am

Hello,

I'll be in Thailand in less than a month, and I would like to understand which vector can help increase my MM miles for internal flights.

I'm a bit confused about Bangkok Airways because they are supposed to be on EAP ( http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ngkok-airways/ ) but the EAP page on AZ do not mention Bangkok Airways ( https://www.alitalia.com/it_it/mille...-partners.html )

Thank you
Old Jan 28, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Bangkok Airways is no Etihad Airline Partner: http://www.etihad.com/en-us/about-us/eap/

Bangkok Airways is a partner Airline of Etihad, but not of Alitalia...
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Here is a silly question (and writing it down makes me realise I should just pay up) but here goes:
My status expires 31/3. Some posts here says alata plus gets soft landing to ulisse, some says hard landing. I am about to book a domestic NZ AZ ticket for second week of april and the free bag perk could be of use.

I could chance and see if I do get soft landing and get the bag for free, and if not face the bag fee at the airport. Because I assume that a downgraded status will have plenty of time to propagate through systems, so they will see it by the time of check-in, right?

I guess the easiest answer is that I should just pay for a Econ Classic fare and be done with it. It is some 20€ so it really isn't a big deal.

And by the way, I assume Alitalia cityliner and Darwin airline are subsidiaries or associated with AZ so that Millemiglia status is recognized?

Last edited by intuition; Feb 5, 2017 at 8:12 am Reason: brain fart
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by intuition
I am about to book a domestic NZ ticket for second week of april and the free bag perk could be of use.
NZ is no partner of AZ/MM nor member of Skyteam or Etihad Partner Airline. And AFAIK, VA does not fly domestic flights within New Zealand...?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Sorry, force of habit. Was naturally talking about an AZ ticket, nothing else!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:58 pm

I booked an AZ flight for this upcoming Saturday JFK - FCO - JFK using Delta Skymiles. Is it possible to upgrade to J using MilleMiglia miles on a Delta award flight?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Did something terrible happen to the award ticket search?

I'm now unable to find any non-AZ awards! Essentially anything including Etihad, Skyteam etc... all not present.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.