Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

AZ pax can use EY LHR lounge [no longer available for AZ passengers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ pax can use EY LHR lounge [no longer available for AZ passengers]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
But that's simple, and obvious.

Having had the latest restructuring plan rejected, Etihad do not want to spend another dirham on Alitalia.

Nothing compelled Etihad to open their lounge to Alitalia pax; their partnership is what caused Etihad to do so. Having been embarrassed and humiliated by this latest rejection, Etihad have visibly changed in their attitude to Alitalia.

Last edited by irishguy28; May 31, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by irishguy28
But that's simple, and obvious.

Having had the latest restructuring plan rejected, Etihad do not want to spend another dirham on Alitalia.

Nothing compelled Etihad to open their lounge to Alitalia pax; their partnership is what caused Etihad to do so. Having been embarrassed and humiliated by this latest rejection, Etihad have visibly changed in their attitude to Alitalia.
Yes, but that was the point Xandrios was making that you then challenged.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Dan72
Yes, but that was the point Xandrios was making that you then challenged.
Exactly, and besides business doesn't work like this.

You inform the person being affected, not your internal people. As I mentioned in my thread about this in the Etihad forum; its like telling your business partner that you want to cut another employee's travel budget, that's all well and good, for your own satisfaction, but it's not the process for cutting the budget. You need to firstly give the person who's travel budget is being cut notice, and then implement it.

In this case, Etihad has neither informed its customers, nor changed its website, nor made any public announcement. It's all well and good that the lounge attendant knows this, but this isn't how businesses implement policy in the real world.

Etihad seem to be in cuckoo land. Anyway, Etihad still own 49% of Alitalia, and Alitalia are still an Etihad partner airline, so they're really jumping the gun with this one.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:55 pm

The AZ website still lists the Etihad Lounge at LAX as available for AZ passengers.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and, if so, what qualifications are required for an AZ passenger to enter the lounge?

I am flying AZ business class award ticket LAX-FCO in October and am keen to try the EY lounge.

Of course, this assumes that AZ is still flying in October.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by majortom421
The AZ website still lists the Etihad Lounge at LAX as available for AZ passengers.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and, if so, what qualifications are required for an AZ passenger to enter the lounge?

I am flying AZ business class award ticket LAX-FCO in October and am keen to try the EY lounge.

Of course, this assumes that AZ is still flying in October.
AZ uses the KE Skyteam lounge at LAX...

AFIK you just get access to the EY Lounge if you're holding MM CFA or CFP status, as benefit of the Etihad group partner...
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
AZ uses the KE Skyteam lounge at LAX...

AFIK you just get access to the EY Lounge if you're holding MM CFA or CFP status, as benefit of the Etihad group partner...
Thank you. That's unfortunate news. The reviews for the KE Skyteam Lounge at LAX are not good.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by AirCub1
I am currently at London Heathrow waiting for my Alitalia flight to Rome. I am travelling business class, and was reminded at checkin that I can use the EY lounge instead of the usual Skyteam facility. However, the very friendly staff at the EY lounge informed me that EY no longer accepted guests who were travelling with Alitalia in business class, and the only lounge available is now One of them retorted that EY and AZ were going their separate ways...

I politely reminded them to inform staff in the check-in zone, who clearly were not aware of this change.
I think I missed this news from 4 months ago (about AZ business class pax no longer having access to the EY lounge at LHR) at the time.

I flew LHR-LIN 3 days ago (for pleasure, in Y) and, as I knew I would be flying the same route tonight (for business, in J...a rare treat on this route) I specifically asked the check-in lady at the time whether I would still be able to access the EY lounge with a business class ticket later in the week. "Certamente!" she exclaimed.

Certamente b******s! (As I just discovered). Not that I wasn't expecting it, mind you!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971
I think I missed this news from 4 months ago (about AZ business class pax no longer having access to the EY lounge at LHR) at the time
It was a nice plus [to be allowed to use the EY lounge] but at least we've still got the alternative upstairs (not sure for how long, but...).

G
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fasteddie1971
I think I missed this news from 4 months ago (about AZ business class pax no longer having access to the EY lounge at LHR) at the time.
have a look!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ge-lhr-az.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.