FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Business-For-You... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1725997-business-you.html)

imnewhere Nov 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Business-For-You...

I have 4 upgrades with Business-For-You that I don't think I will be able to use. Is there anyone who constantly travel on Alitalia who can use them? Would love to exchange these upgrades with something else even for a rate that's at a disadvantage for me.

AlicorporateUK Nov 20, 2015 2:14 pm

I do fly Alitalia a lot but, as you will have probably read from other threads/posts, it is generally speaking much cheaper to buy a discounted business class fare rather than booking one of the fare classes through which those coupons can be used. That said, I hope you get a decent offer/exchange for the ones you've got!

G

raistlin Nov 21, 2015 7:38 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 25747448)
I do fly Alitalia a lot but, as you will have probably read from other threads/posts, it is generally speaking much cheaper to buy a discounted business class fare rather than booking one of the fare classes through which those coupons can be used. That said, I hope you get a decent offer/exchange for the ones you've got!

G

This is absolutely not true.

A H fare, MXP-JFK, is 1300. The I class ticket you upgrade into is 2000.

AlicorporateUK Nov 22, 2015 4:22 am

Originally Posted by raistlin (Post 25750397)
This is absolutely not true.

A H fare, MXP-JFK, is 1300. The I class ticket you upgrade into is 2000.

Reason why I said generally speaking, which implies in most, but not all cases ;) Again, generally speaking, Y+ is obviously cheaper than J however, in several cases I came across, the latter works out much cheaper. The magic world of airline fares!

G

raistlin Nov 25, 2015 8:45 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK (Post 25754095)
Reason why I said generally speaking, which implies in most, but not all cases ;) Again, generally speaking, Y+ is obviously cheaper than J however, in several cases I came across, the latter works out much cheaper. The magic world of airline fares!

G

Sorry, mate, it just doesn't happen. You can apply those coupons to H fares, which are without fail lower than the lowest offer in business.

hugolover Nov 25, 2015 8:46 am

Originally Posted by raistlin (Post 25770328)
Sorry, mate, it just doesn't happen. You can apply those coupons to H fares, which are without fail lower than the lowest offer in business.

I beg to differ!

raistlin Nov 25, 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 25770336)
I beg to differ!

On what? On the fact you can use those coupons to upgrade H->I?

Or are you suggesting there can be seats in paid business class cheaper than H class?

hugolover Nov 26, 2015 9:40 am

Originally Posted by raistlin (Post 25770394)
On what? On the fact you can use those coupons to upgrade H->I?

Or are you suggesting there can be seats in paid business class cheaper than H class?

I have spent some time on ITA with this. The only occasion where H is cheaper is where Business is sold out and close to departure. In every other case there are better deals to be had in Business.

Obviously it is about booking the class Business, including inflexible bookings. If the upgrades were like BA, from ANY Premium Eco class then it would represent savings and be useful.

raistlin Nov 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

The upgrades with miles are from most eco classes, just like on BA.

I think you have spent time on matrix but somehow misinterpreted the results. Can you make an example of an H fare booking that costs more than I? I am curious.

bpot777 Nov 30, 2015 9:00 am

Is it possible to use business for you upgrade on a partner (AF) flight purchased through Alitalia?

raistlin Dec 1, 2015 2:54 am

Originally Posted by bpot777 (Post 25790486)
Is it possible to use business for you upgrade on a partner (AF) flight purchased through Alitalia?

No, Alitalia metal only.