Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access on Etihad with Alata/Alata Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold, Etihad Guest Platinum, AlItalia FA, BA Bronze, hhonors Gold
This forum is about Millemiglia and not Air Berlin. Different rules for different companies. Yes, AB Platinum has access to Etihad FC lounge but that does not change that Alitalia FAP (Platinum equivalent) does not!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
"Platinum" is what matters. I have accessed the EY J lounge (when there was no F lounge) flying Y with AB Platinum status.

Take a look at Jet Airways:

and AB: https://www.airberlin.com/en/site/la......_lounge.php
And sorry for maintaining the OT, but neither the Jet Airways info posted above, nor the details at the AB page, make reference to their status members having access to the new Etihad First Class Lounge & Spa in Abu Dhabi.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
sorry do not know how to cancel
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Flying EY Y ex AUH:
Checkin agent directed me to the lounge by gate 39 with my Freccia Alta Plus Status.

I ignored the agent's advice and proceeded directly to the First Class Lounge. I was warmly welcomed with a guest and given a tour of the wonderful lounge. Sadly, my guest did not receive a complimentary spa service, but I did!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold, Etihad Guest Platinum, AlItalia FA, BA Bronze, hhonors Gold
I think they have changed the rules AGAIN so there now is access for FAP to the FC lounge. When I was denied in June I specifically checked the Etihad web site and they had changed the wording from "Etihad Partner" to specifically mention Air Berlin+2 but not Alitalia. The wording now again says that there is access for Platinum card holders from Etihad Partners which should include Alitalia. Let's hope it stays this way but don't count on it!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
My breakfast was terrine de foie gras, fresh fruit, seared venison, and exceptional bourbon. I continued to the spa for a complimentary haircut. I finished with a Cohiba Siglo #2 and Chivas 25. It was a great prelude to a subpar Y experience on Etihad operated by Jet Airways booked using miles.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by dugdug
I think they have changed the rules AGAIN so there now is access for FAP to the FC lounge. When I was denied in June I specifically checked the Etihad web site and they had changed the wording from "Etihad Partner" to specifically mention Air Berlin+2 but not Alitalia. The wording now again says that there is access for Platinum card holders from Etihad Partners which should include Alitalia. Let's hope it stays this way but don't count on it!
Interesting - any update in the last few weeks of Freccia Alata Plus still being able to access the F lounge when flying EY Y?

Also if I have a long layover, is it possible/easy to go through flight connections, use the F lounge to shower/eat, then exit landside?
Old May 12, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I guess you can't blame them for pushing these incidental costs associated with lounge visits back on Skyteam! The days of Etihad volunteering to take on any additional costs or liabilities associated with AZ are truly over!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.