Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Freccia Alata Elite Plus = DL Comfort+ or KLM Econ Comfort?

Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

Newly minted Alitalia Freccia Alata member here. What can I expect while traveling on Delta? My big question is about the airline's Comfort+ product. Is it complimentary for Alitalia elites? The SkyTeam website seems to think so. Had no luck with Delta when calling, however.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
When you say 'freshly minted' how long exactly?

It can take up to 3 weeks for Delta to see your status which might explain why they aren't interested.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Not sure how it works from AZ to DL, but DL Elite plus people get NOTHING in the seat department on AZ.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
It's only been a few days. Will wait a few weeks and report back.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stvr
Newly minted Alitalia Freccia Alata member here. What can I expect while traveling on Delta? My big question is about the airline's Comfort+ product. Is it complimentary for Alitalia elites? The SkyTeam website seems to think so. Had no luck with Delta when calling, however.
It's not complimentary for elites on Delta except for Diamond and Platinum Elites who can select a seat at booking for free. Golds can book at 72 hours and Silvers at 24hrs for free. Otherwise fees still apply, there's nothing that I'm aware that allows free access to Comfort+ for partner elites.

You should be able to choose preferred seating as an elite, but that is not the same as comfort+.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks flyerCO. Got the exit row but not Comfort+

Might try to act dumb and ask in person
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Is Alitalia a second-class member of Skyteam ?

As a newly minted Freccia Alata Plus, I'm finding my way around Skyteam and the the wonderful benefits brought by my new status.

First off I was getting nowhere at all with KLM, the airline didn't recognise my exalted position at all The secret turned out to be three zeros before my MilleMiglia number, I guess to make a string of ten digits.

Now I discover there's not much point. I can't reserve comfort economy seats online without paying, and the phone agent tells me these comforts are only available free for Delta and AF/KL members of Skyteam.

She wasn't so sure about checked bags, but put a note on my reservation, which "might help".

I'm feeling distinctly second-class
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Free/discounted "Economy Comfort" seating is not an alliance benefit.

Don't confuse this with "Premium Economy" - it's not. Delta and KLM both charge extra for some seats, and they have decided to give a discount to their frequent flyers for these seats. Because they both have a similar offering on board, they eventually decided to give reciprocal rights to each other's status flyers.

Alitalia has no equivalent "Economy Comfort". (Instead, they have a proper, full-on, separate cabin - Premium Economy).

Free baggage is a published alliance benefit - so of course you will obtain free checked baggage on KLM with your Freccia Alata Plus status.

Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Thanks for that - a far better explanation than I got from the KLM agents: though to be fair, its a fast changing world and I guess they find it hard to keep up with details of FFP on top of the reservation stuff they need to be on top of.

I'm happy that the baggage thing will (fingers crossed) work itself out at check-in with a flash of my AZ card: the website resolutely wants to charge me for a bag .
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by irishguy28
...Alitalia has no equivalent "Economy Comfort". (Instead, they have a proper, full-on, separate cabin - Premium Economy)...
I don't realy agree as,at least on LH B772 the seat on starboard inthe first cabin (18-30) have a greater pitch (there is one row less) and are reserved for "flying arrow" members.
I know it's quite hidden .
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Does status show up on AZ boarding passes? My DL Frequent Flyer shows up, but doesn't say ELITE PLUS.

It is marked as SKYPRIORITY because it is Business, but just curios
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Does status show up on AZ boarding passes? My DL Frequent Flyer shows up, but doesn't say ELITE PLUS.

It is marked as SKYPRIORITY because it is Business, but just curios
I'm just looking at a boarding pass through Passbook and it says (on the 'back'): Status: None (FB number). I do have status, though. AZ FF will probably have their status correctly displayed. That said, it doesn't matter as long as it mentions Sky Priority.

G
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Gold
Just thought I'd offer an update on this (forgive me if this is common knowledge already, I don't fly DL much), I'm an Alitalia Freccia Alata (Skyteam Elite+) member flying DL domestically in a couple days. Was able to get preferred seating at time of booking several months ago, and just checked reservation today (a little under T-48) and was able to get complimentary Comfort+ seating.

Last edited by whatupbovice; Nov 23, 2015 at 7:25 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:32 am

I kind of had the same experience with DL domestic flights. I was able to select comfort+ on two domestic flights.

Also something strange: I had a flight MSP-AMS on DL and for some reason my FF couldn't be updated to AZ Elite Plus, so I couldn't select any other seat. SOme hours before the flight though, the preferred seats on DL333 were free to select (even for non-status members) and so I did. At the gate, they informed that I had a seat change. How convenient!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's not complimentary for elites on Delta except for Diamond and Platinum Elites who can select a seat at booking for free. Golds can book at 72 hours and Silvers at 24hrs for free. Otherwise fees still apply, there's nothing that I'm aware that allows free access to Comfort+ for partner elites.

You should be able to choose preferred seating as an elite, but that is not the same as comfort+.
Exactly. We used to get access to comfort+ for free, but that benefit has been taken away a few months ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.