FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Business for you (complimentary upgrades on AZ) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1693458-business-you-complimentary-upgrades-az.html)

nufnuf77 Jul 8, 2015 12:53 pm

Business for you (complimentary upgrades on AZ)

I called into Freccia Alata Plus call centre today to get me upgraded from Classica Plus --> Magnifica on FCO-BOS return flights. I was originally booked into P class which is eligible for a free 'Business for you' upgrade.

I was upgraded on the return portion (BOS-FCO), but was told the availability was not there for the outbound.

Could anyone on here tell me how I can check the availability for the complimentary upgrades to Magnifica (which booking class should I be looking for on expertflyer?)

Thanks for your help!! (Hope to become a good member of the alitalia community)

terminalfive Jul 8, 2015 1:20 pm

Business for you (complimentary upgrades on AZ)

I think its still Z

nufnuf77 Jul 8, 2015 2:30 pm

Thanks, will have a look and make sure I see Z available next time I book into P.
I was also told I can still upgrade onboard with miles(provided empty seat) if I cannot get the business foryou upgrade before the flight.

Granite64 Jul 16, 2015 4:40 am

Does this also work for flights operated by Etihad?

nufnuf77 Jul 16, 2015 10:26 am

No, it has to be alitalia issued ticket and AZ operated flight.

nufnuf77 Jul 16, 2015 10:27 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive (Post 25088408)
I think its still Z

I just got my tickets reissued after having done the upgrade and they book into I. Great in terms of finding availability I think.

sjmcc11 Jul 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello. I have a few questions regarding Business for you.
I want to book a flight for my partner and I to travel FCO-MEL. One flight would be Alitalia, the other Ethiad (code shared)
1)Would this use ONE or TWO vouchers?
2) Can a voucher be used on the Ethiad route? (I know the comment above said no, but if booked as one trip?)
Also, do the vouchers arrive with the card in the mail (I'm waiting on mine)
Thanks

nufnuf77 Jul 30, 2015 8:41 am

Originally Posted by sjmcc11 (Post 25193005)
Hello. I have a few questions regarding Business for you.
I want to book a flight for my partner and I to travel FCO-MEL. One flight would be Alitalia, the other Ethiad (code shared)
1)Would this use ONE or TWO vouchers?
2) Can a voucher be used on the Ethiad route? (I know the comment above said no, but if booked as one trip?)
Thanks

2) You can only use these on Alitalia operated aircraft (AZ livery and number), hence you could get only as far as AUH in upgraded class. Please, do not that the booking class for Premium economy has to be P and for Economy Y/B/M/H.

1) You spend one voucher on each way per person per class. Hence if you book into M class and want to travel in Business(as far as AUH), you need to use 2 vouchers (2 class difference) per person per oneway. If you book into P you need 1 voucher per person per oneway.

nufnuf77 Jul 30, 2015 8:42 am

Originally Posted by sjmcc11 (Post 25193005)
Thanks

Vouchers are electronic and they keep track of how many you have used/have available. You can upgrade with vouchers as soon as your account online shows as Freccia Alata Plus.

gkbiiii Jul 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 25195667)
Vouchers are electronic and they keep track of how many you have used/have available. You can upgrade with vouchers as soon as your account online shows as Freccia Alata Plus.

I am Freccia Alata, and was wondering where the vouchers show online?

nufnuf77 Aug 2, 2015 3:03 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii (Post 25197342)
I am Freccia Alata, and was wondering where the vouchers show online?

I do not think they show. You must keep track in your head or call and ask how many you have left. (a bit similar to BA GGL Jokers I believe)

If you want to use one, just call in and apply it to your booking (you do not need any special code/voucher number).

Hannibal Lecter Aug 2, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi
Can you upgrade at the same time that you buy the ticket, i.e. so you are 100% sure that you will get an upgrade?

bostontraveler Aug 7, 2015 9:21 am

I'm confused here. For Freccia Alata members, it says in the terms and conditions

It is not possible to upgrade from Classica - Economy Class to Magnifica - Business Class, or from Classica Plus - Premium Economy Class to Magnifica - Business Class.

(??)

What I'd like to do is purchase an M or H class fare from MXP-JFK and upgrade to Magnifica.

Is this possible using all 4 upgrades?

nufnuf77 Aug 9, 2015 7:04 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler (Post 25235830)
I'm confused here. For Freccia Alata members, it says in the terms and conditions

It is not possible to upgrade from Classica - Economy Class to Magnifica - Business Class, or from Classica Plus - Premium Economy Class to Magnifica - Business Class.

(??)

What I'd like to do is purchase an M or H class fare from MXP-JFK and upgrade to Magnifica.

Is this possible using all 4 upgrades?

No, you need to be Freccia Alata Plus to be able to do the 'double jump' you are describing from Econ to Business on longhaul.

gkbiiii Aug 9, 2015 11:53 am

Long haul PE to J upgrade for Freccia Alata?

I thought that as a new Freccia Alata, the "4 upgrades" were good on long-haul PE, to J upgrade? This being MIA-FCO correct? The website says this, I think, as best i can tell?