Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Business for you (complimentary upgrades on AZ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business for you (complimentary upgrades on AZ)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Here the link to the main thread about AZ's 'Business for you':

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...grades-az.html

Read post #8 for the answers on your questions.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
And there was a second thread still on the first page on this very topic.

I think this one is more relevant for your question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...iness-you.html
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
my "o" face

Yeah, I read through those threads but didn't see any info on "o" class tickets and upgrades. I guess its safe to say that you can't upgrade from the discount class they sell on their website. Buying a premium economy ticket costs as much as business class ticket so it leaves these upgrades for transcontinental travel with very little value.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by The_Just
Yeah, I read through those threads but didn't see any info on "o" class tickets and upgrades. I guess its safe to say that you can't upgrade from the discount class they sell on their website. Buying a premium economy ticket costs as much as business class ticket so it leaves these upgrades for transcontinental travel with very little value.
As I mentioned in this thread (previous page), check the price in Economy for classes H or M. They would be cheaper than P and you can apply two vouchers per leg to upgrade to business.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Just
so it leaves these upgrades for transcontinental travel with very little value.
I guess you mean intercontinental - Alitalia doesn't have any transcontinental flights.

These upgrades are tremendously useful for people who happen to have a flight in one of the qualifying classes (through company travel policy, last-minute purchase, or for whatever reason). But yes - buying an economy ticket specifically to be able to use one of these upgrades when there are cheaper economy- and business-class seats available, and/or when you are a price-sensitive consumer, is certainly not of interest.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Business for you is a joke!

I was status matched last year to Ulisse and entitled to 2 upgrades for economy to business class on European medium hull frights. Only certain booking classes apply but when booking online it’s not possible to see which class you are getting before payment is done.

Then I decided to call service center and had 5 tries until they connected me to someone who spoke English. I gave my dates and destination and realized that cheapest economy class ticket that is qualifying for upgrade with “Business for you” voucher is actually 10€ more expensive than full business flexible class!? Economy classic with restrictions was 4,5 times cheaper.

Anyhow, I previously concluded that I’m done with Alitalia but wanted to use this small advantage. Finally realized it’s joke, useless marketing trick! This year of ocasionaly using their services helped me to realize why they are hopeless case.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am astounded that you needed to ring up to find that out...it should be self-evident.

And it has been spelled out in this thread.

Here is a post of mine from almost a year ago...

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The cheapest available business ticket is almost certainly cheaper than the price of the economy ticket you would have to buy to end up in a class where you could use your upgrade.

Rather than thinking of the upgrades as an incentive to buy the necessary type of very expensive economy ticket, instead think of the upgrades as a bonus that you can use if you end up having to book one of these very expensive economy tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.