Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
did anybody manage the matched status to show up with a reservation on another carriers website? i was unsuccessful with delta and korean air.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
funny part, I just signed up MM yesterday but did not record my # thinking it'd come in email, but I never got that email... is this normal?

BUT I did get the PIN code email soon after registration, which does NOT contain my member code (which says it'll come in a few days)

Guess I wait then...or worst case, wait for the actual card to arrive Canada
Funny...there is no way to retrieve my member code either, only PIN (which needs code + surname to reset)
This also happened to me. After I received the email I thought the membership number will be there, so I closed the webpage...

I don't think there is any way of retrieving the number from their website, however you could call their service desk and they will be able to provide you the number.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
This also happened to me. After I received the email I thought the membership number will be there, so I closed the webpage...

I don't think there is any way of retrieving the number from their website, however you could call their service desk and they will be able to provide you the number.
what a bad design...

Note to everyone: DO NOT CLOSE the confirmation page unless you write down your member code FIRST
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Its you 😀 just kidfing try a different browser maybe that would help? There website isnt top notch
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried 3 different browsers but same result. However, when I checked my email, there was one email with pin and it says the member code will come in next few days. I will just wait..
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lento
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried 3 different browsers but same result. However, when I checked my email, there was one email with pin and it says the member code will come in next few days. I will just wait..
Yep, you got the "error in service" message because you already had an account open with the same email address.

I had the same issue, until I realised that I had actually already signed up a long-long time ago but had forgotten about it as I've never flown Alitalia and use another FFP for my SkyTeam flights.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I just tried to get MM # for my husband, using an email that I am sure has never been used before and got the "error in service" message.

Maybe they are swamped with this status matching hitting all the travel blogs today
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:46 pm

Is there any reliablem information until when Alitalia will offer status matches?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mrgreen
Is there any reliablem information until when Alitalia will offer status matches?
As with ANY status match it can be pulled anytime. The web site says now till end of December but I would not waste time as they might cut it short when they realize how popular this is 👍😂
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has anyone matched from AA platinum? If so did you get Alata or Alata plus? The website only says platinum 👍😂

Also if anyone knows does Alitalia MM softland to the next status after expiration or is it just good bye back to basic?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Mille miglia status match

In case anyone is interested (from today's Business Traveller):

Alitalia is offering frequent flyers holding elite status with competing airlines the opportunity to status match to its MilleMiglia programme.

As the Italian airline is part of the Skyteam alliance, only silver, gold and platinum tier members of non-alliance airlines will be matched.

Silver tier members will be matched to Ulisse (Skyteam Elite), and gold and platinum members to Freccia Alata (Skyteam Elite Plus) and Freccia Alata Plus (Skyteam Elite Plus) respectively.

To qualify, frequent flyers should sign up for the MilleMiglia programme (if not already a member) and send an email to [email protected] with their first name, last name, membership number and a copy of the card in the competing programme.

The status in MilleMiglia will be updated five working days after the request email is sent, and a membership card will be sent a week after the status is reflected.

The corresponding club tier will be valid until March 31 next year, unless the status held with the competing airline expires after March 31, then the equivalent status in MilleMiglia will be valid until March 31, 2017.

The status-matching incentive will be active until December 31, and is part of recent rebranding efforts following Etihad's investment into the airline and the MilleMiglia programme (see news, February 3).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Is advertising allowed in this forum?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
In case anyone is interested (from today's Business Traveller):

Alitalia is offering frequent flyers holding elite status with competing airlines the opportunity to status match to its MilleMiglia programme.

As the Italian airline is part of the Skyteam alliance, only silver, gold and platinum tier members of non-alliance airlines will be matched.

Silver tier members will be matched to Ulisse (Skyteam Elite), and gold and platinum members to Freccia Alata (Skyteam Elite Plus) and Freccia Alata Plus (Skyteam Elite Plus) respectively.

To qualify, frequent flyers should sign up for the MilleMiglia programme (if not already a member) and send an email to [email protected] with their first name, last name, membership number and a copy of the card in the competing programme.

The status in MilleMiglia will be updated five working days after the request email is sent, and a membership card will be sent a week after the status is reflected.

The corresponding club tier will be valid until March 31 next year, unless the status held with the competing airline expires after March 31, then the equivalent status in MilleMiglia will be valid until March 31, 2017.

The status-matching incentive will be active until December 31, and is part of recent rebranding efforts following Etihad's investment into the airline and the MilleMiglia programme (see news, February 3).
Thanks for posting that^, I'll be taking advantage of that once I've requalified for Silver.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For those of you who dont subscribe to Raffles' wonderful 'headforpoints' website, he's written an application guide with a few more details here
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:09 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
MM Status Match?

The membership number will appear on their newsletter - but much quicker to call their CS.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:40 pm

There is allready a large thread about this very subject. Have notified Mods to merge

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...s-match-5.html

Last edited by kauppias; Jul 2, 2015 at 10:41 pm Reason: Added thread link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.