Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:26 am

MilleMiglia Status Match? (Merged threads)

I sent the request last Monday, also still waiting for the match.

However, it says 5 working days on their website now, so I guess I will wait for a couple of more days before chasing.

http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millemiglia/promo-millemiglia/promo-status-match.html
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I just want to warn everyone.... i was matched over 1 week ago... and still, delta and korean are not able to see the status....
It will take 3 weeks to propagate to other systems, as per the Alitalia status match page:

Originally Posted by Alitalia MilleMiglia
The new status will be available in all other systems within three weeks from the update in the Alitalia system.
If it means so much to you, print out your Alitalia status page and bring it with you when you travel with Delta and Korean.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
So I know this whole process is taking a while, but how do I know if I have been matched? I cant see anywhere on my profile in the app what level I am at. Next to my name on the home screen I have the half wing with club-name written underneath, but click on it and I get the pillar top icon and N/A under
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by MrMutton
So I know this whole process is taking a while, but how do I know if I have been matched? I cant see anywhere on my profile in the app what level I am at. Next to my name on the home screen I have the half wing with club-name written underneath, but click on it and I get the pillar top icon and N/A under
Sign in, then click on your name and a menu will pull down.

Hover over MilleMiglia Area and then select Your Profile.

Click on MilleMiglia card and it'll show whether your status has changed or not.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by MrMutton
In the app if it says club name then your status is still basic of it says a status name like alata or alata plus then youve been matched
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Are the upgrade vouchers any good?

As I read on the AZ website upgrades from Eco to Premium Eco are possible from Y, B, M and H booking classes only. Am I right in assuming that these classes are so expensive that one could almost buy a discounted premium eco ticket for the same price? Secondly, are all pemium eco classes upgradeable to Business? (That's what I infer as there is no mention of booking classes on the website.) Thanks, PS
Oh, and how long are the vouchers valid? The Website was referrring to "programme communication" that would outline the rules on that but I had no luck finding the information.

Last edited by planestupid; Jul 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by planestupid
As I read on the AZ website upgrades from Eco to Premium Eco are possible from Y, B, M and H booking classes only. Am I right in assuming that these classes are so expensive that one could almost buy a discounted premium eco ticket for the same price? Secondly, are all pemium eco classes upgradeable to Business? (That's what I infer as there is no mention of booking classes on the website.) Thanks, PS
Oh, and how long are the vouchers valid? The Website was referrring to "programme communication" that would outline the rules on that but I had no luck finding the information.
As far as I understand it the cheapest Prem Eco fares are NOT upgradable with the certificates, so I would not count on those bringing much value to the match!

Maybe if there are some 2 class flight routes? I have not researched AZ much so do not have any info, in my case the march 16 expiration killed it for me
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:54 am

MilleMiglia Status Match? (Merged threads)

Sent my details for a match last Monday and my status has been upgraded this morning(UK time). Exactly 5 working days as mentioned on their website.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Sent my details for a match last Monday and my status has been upgraded this morning(UK time). Exactly 5 working days as mentioned on their website.
Mines was sent Tuesday morning first thing and not upgraded, so perhaps it will be by tomorrow.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by flashware
Mines was sent Tuesday morning first thing and not upgraded, so perhaps it will be by tomorrow.
Mine was on Tuesday too, and still not upgraded. Been 5 working days now, hopefully tomorrow.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:15 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
I've sent my application a week ago and so far no change when I log in. Not sure whether they're overwhelmed by the amount of applications or if I should send a better copy of my current card, or something else..
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle
I've sent my application a week ago and so far no change when I log in. Not sure whether they're overwhelmed by the amount of applications or if I should send a better copy of my current card, or something else..
I am sure they are just super busy. If one or two people are in charge of doing the matches then it might take awhile to process the backlog... Remebering what happened at TK when they started it was taking weeks to a month to process some matches...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:02 am

They seem to be able to keep up with the 5 working days limit.
(Which by the way is impressive, considering the tons of emails they probably get)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by lgts
They seem to be able to keep up with the 5 working days limit.
(Which by the way is impressive, considering the tons of emails they probably get)
That is indeed impressive, lets hope they keep up! 👍👍👍 the match process was impressive with the exception of the short match (which was later explained officially as due to card expiry)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by DLDFW
Sent Monday night USA time same with no reply yet
All good now :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.