Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
neither Delta nor Korean can see my MM status. I called in. However, alitalia.com clearly shows status.... I tried 1x0 and 3x0 in the beginning of membership number. Nothing! Any ideas?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:39 pm

could it simply be a timing/delay issue? if you just got upgraded/matched TODAY, it may simply take 1+ day to pass it down into the SkyTeam system?

Try it tomorrow or the day after and let us know?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:43 am

Sent in my A3 and TK card copies...waiting
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
could it simply be a timing/delay issue? if you just got upgraded/matched TODAY, it may simply take 1+ day to pass it down into the SkyTeam system?

Try it tomorrow or the day after and let us know?
today still not showing. anyone else experiencing the same?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/06...match-skyteam/ suggests: The formal membership is with SkyTeam. Your Freccia Alata Plus card would get you top tier privileges, including lounge access (except on domestic Delta flights in the US, I think); maybe related to that? Don't know.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
It can take several days to show up on the other airlines systems, patience is s virtue in this game
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:14 am

I sent a screenshot of my BA Silver card on Sunday and the status has not appeared yet in the AZ website...
The Alitalia page says it should take 2 working days but mine is taking longer.
Is there anyone who applied on Sunday and got matched already?
I am flying SkyTeam this Sunday so would very much like to get the status matched...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: AY+Plat
I have been trying to open an account on MilleMiglia program. Every time I try to register, I get ERROR IN SERVICE message and registration fails. Is it their website or it it me ?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
It can take several days to show up on the other airlines systems, patience is s virtue in this game
thanks. I have a flight on Friday though.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
Hello, I am also surprised you got a status valid until 2017.

This because by Italian law a point scheme can not last longer than 3 years and the ongoing Millemiglia program should end by March 2016.

BUt if this is the case then you git 2 good news.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
I think the validity has something to do with the validity of the card that is being status matched. My BA Gold card is valid till April 2017 so prob that's why!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lento
I have been trying to open an account on MilleMiglia program. Every time I try to register, I get ERROR IN SERVICE message and registration fails. Is it their website or it it me ?
Its you 😀 just kidfing try a different browser maybe that would help? There website isnt top notch
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by thorba
I think the validity has something to do with the validity of the card that is being status matched. My BA Gold card is valid till April 2017 so prob that's why!
It's specifically mentioned in the official Alitalia link that if the competing status is valid after Mar 2016 (i.e. expiry of Apr 2016 and later, presumably also including lifetime ), the matched AZ status will last until Mar 2017.

Just managed to scrape the threshold with my AB Gold which is valid thru April 2017.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:09 am

funny part, I just signed up MM yesterday but did not record my # thinking it'd come in email, but I never got that email... is this normal?

BUT I did get the PIN code email soon after registration, which does NOT contain my member code (which says it'll come in a few days)

Guess I wait then...or worst case, wait for the actual card to arrive Canada
Funny...there is no way to retrieve my member code either, only PIN (which needs code + surname to reset)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:21 am

I would say so, that's how it worked for me. Fortunately I had noted the membership number.

Note once logged in it allows you to set a username so you don't need to remember the number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.