Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
I have just been matched to Freccia Alata from a QR Gold card (request made on August 6th).

The QR card expires early April 2016, so I was expecting the expiry date on My AZ to be March 31st, 2017. However, the new status shows expiry in March 2016.

Is this a mistake? Should I complain or is that a new rule? Where to write?

Last edited by wandering_persian; Aug 21, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by wandering_persian
I have just been matched to Freccia Alata from a QR Gold card (request made on August 6th).

The QR card expires early April 2016, so I was expecting the expiry date on My AZ to be March 31st, 2016. However, the new status shows expiry in March 2016.

Is this a mistake? Should I complain or is that a new rule? Where to write?
... I can't understand your post...

If in your card is written "Expiry date 03/16" it does mean that you can use it until March 31st, 2016. So you don't need to be worried for its validity on March next year.

Unless you intended:
The QR card expires early April 2016, so I was expecting the expiry date on My AZ to be March 31st, 2017. However, the new status shows expiry in March 2016.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Sorry Aldebaran! There was a mistake in my post that is now fixed.

Yes! I was expecting an expiry in 2017 and not 2016 according to their rule below. So, what to do? Why havent I been matched up until 2017, eventhough my QR card expires in April 2016?

Quote:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:55 am

Sorry Aldebaran! There was a mistake in my post that is now fixed.

Yes! I was expecting an expiry in 2017 and not 2016 according to their rule below. So, what to do? Why havent I been matched up until 2017, eventhough my QR card expires in April 2016?

Quote:
I still have some problem to understand what is the expiration date of your QR card. To be honest I am not familiar with the QR Privilege Club rules, even if I should have somewhere one of their (never used) Burgundy Card.

I tried to Google "QR Privilege Elite Card" and I found some images of specimen cards showing the expiration date including day, month and year. So I can imagine your new QR card reports the day and month of expiration. If so I think that QR is the only airline (or one of the very few) to use this format.

Now the question is: When you write "The QR card expires early April 2016 what do you mean exactly? 01APR2016 or 07APR2016 or 12APR2016 (as an example)?

I asked the previous question because in your case is quite difficult to say if AZ was wrong in the issuance of your Freccia Alata card, because the "early April 2016" expiration could be easily rounded up to "end of march 2016" in their interpretation. (Remember also their definition of Silver, Gold and Platinum card as an equivalent of lowest, medium and highest tier matching status).

With your card expiration date very close to their break date of 30MAR2016 you are not very lucky, and the unusual rules of your QR program are not of help in this case. I suggest you to send an email to the same address you sent the matching request asking for clarification. A phone call to your local AZ offices is not suggested because the matching process is managed by an AZ external provider.

I hope you can be succesful with your request.

Last edited by Aldebaran; Aug 22, 2015 at 9:30 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

What's with the early April expiry?

Surely your QR card expires either 03/2016 (end of March 2016) or 04/2016 (end of April 2016).

If it's the latter then your in with Alitalia for an extra year: if not, well, you don't!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
What's with the early April expiry?

Surely your QR card expires either 03/2016 (end of March 2016) or 04/2016 (end of April 2016).

If it's the latter then your in with Alitalia for an extra year: if not, well, you don't!
Unfortunately QR Privilege Club rules are not so easy..

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...onditions.page
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Unfortunately QR Privilege Club rules are not so easy..

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...onditions.page
But doesn't the Privilege Club card have an expiry date in the form 03/2016 (etc) ?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:48 pm

MilleMiglia Status Match? (Merged threads)

Expiry on my QR Gold is 02 April 2016!

Last edited by wandering_persian; Aug 22, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But doesn't the Privilege Club card have an expiry date in the form 03/2016 (etc) ?
QR cards have the expiry date in the form DD-MMM-YYYY (see my previous post #394). In the case of the OP the date is 02APR2016.

I am not able to attach an image of the new (post OW entrance) QR Gold card but the followig link should help:
https://www.europcar.com/files/live/..._Gold.fw-2.jpg

Last edited by Aldebaran; Aug 23, 2015 at 1:09 am Reason: Image link added
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:52 am

Expiry on my QR Gold is 02 April 2016!
This is my concern. As previously reported the expiry date of your card is only 2 days after their 31-03-2016 deadline, and in my opinion they rounded off the date of your card to their 31-03-2016 deadline.

Looking strictly at their T&C your status should expire at the end of March 2017, but after the recent infamous BA "Bratwurst disaster" () I learned that each airline always tries to apply the rules at its own advantage.

Anyway another email sent to [email protected] explaining the unusual and quite strange rules of the QR FFP should help to support and uphold your case.
All things considered italians are usually quite flexible applying the rules...

Last edited by Aldebaran; Aug 23, 2015 at 1:19 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:54 am

This is my concern. As previously reported the expiry date of your card is only 2 days after their 31-03-2016 deadline, and in my opinion they rounded off the date of your card to their 31-03-2016 deadline.

Looking strictly at their T&C your status should expire at the end of March 2017, but after the infamous BA "Bratwurst disaster" I learned that each airline try to apply the rules at its own advantage.

Anyway an email sent at their [email protected] explaining the quite strange rules of the QR FFP should help to support and uphold your case.
All things considered italians are usually quite flexible applying the rules...
Thanks Aldebaran!
Will do and report back. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR cards have the expiry date in the form DD-MMM-YYYY (see my previous post #394). In the case of the OP the date is 02APR2016.
OK - that is different
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by arollins
I submitted my request today for myself and wife. Both are AA EXP, status expiring Feb 28, 2017. We have a few flights planned next year with KLM, this could helps us out, hopefully.
Yesterday, thanks to awardwallet, I noticed that my wife was matched to Alata Plus Club with expiration date of 2017. That is a 2 week turn around from initial request date. Nothing on my side, so I went ahead and re-submitted my original request. Go figure. Lets see how long it takes to get the actual card, and for the ST Elite + to trickle down to our DL account.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:49 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
how long does it currently need until one gets any response.
My wife requested sm on August 10th
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by cln
how long does it currently need until one gets any response.
My wife requested sm on August 10th
Well, I placed the request for my wife and I on the 9th, and it was Sunday the 23rd that I noticed that her account was updated already, nothing for me, I suggest you check her account. They do not send any notifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.