Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I emailed my status match request (Airberlin Gold valid to Apr-16) on the morning of 7th July ... checked this morning and it wasn't showing online ... just checked the website again now, and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alata ... with a March 2017 expiry date.

^
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Andrew.Smith
I emailed my status match request (GulfAir gold valid to Jan-17) on the evening of 6th July ... checked yesterday and it wasn't showing online ... just check website again now, and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alta ... with a March 2017 expiry date.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I emailed my status match request (Airberlin Gold valid to Apr-16) on the morning of 7th July ... checked this morning and it wasn't showing online ... just checked the website again now, and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alata ... with a March 2017 expiry date.

^
Seems like it is right now taking about 15 days. I would suppose this is about the peak and it will start to decline (waiting get shorter) as the flyertalk masses have now all applied
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by Andrew.Smith
I emailed my status match request (GulfAir gold valid to Jan-17) on the evening of 6th July ... checked yesterday and it wasn't showing online ... just check website again now, and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alta ... with a March 2017 expiry date.
1 positive news for Gulfair Gold match...did you send anything else apart from copy of the card....?
just wondering as I sent my request to match my gulf air gold on july 2....no success yet......thanks
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
1 positive news for Gulfair Gold match...did you send anything else apart from copy of the card....?
just wondering as I sent my request to match my gulf air gold on july 2....no success yet......thanks
nope - just my name and MilleMiglia number
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AY Plat, Member TG,LH,UA,AC
I emailed status match request on July 11th with SAS EBD exp 07/16.
Got matched on July 24th with Club Fleccia Alata Plus exp 03/17.
No email up to now; see status upgrade on App; no package arrived yet.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No-one has said that you don't get a mail - eventually.

Where the email has been mentioned, it has usually been to point out that there can be a considerable delay between having your account upgraded, and receipt of the notification email. The email is not (always) generated at the same moment that your account is upgraded (I suspect it is instead triggered by the generation of the new card, or some other subsequent action).

The terms of the Status Match do indicate that you will receive a mail.
The wiki said
No email is sent upon upgrade
So this may need to get updated.

You are right that the email come later. In my case, I saw in my account that I have been upgraded, then I receive the email later.

You may be right that the email may have been triggered when the card is sent for printing and the account status is updated in the system earlier
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by lingua101
The wiki said

So this may need to get updated.

You are right that the email come later. In my case, I saw in my account that I have been upgraded, then I receive the email later.

You may be right that the email may have been triggered when the card is sent for printing and the account status is updated in the system earlier
Updated the wiki to mention that you may eventually get an email.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Sent original request 2. July to match AB Gold. Sent new request now with TK Gold as most who sent original request early on seems to have been matched. Perhaps my email got lost somewhere...
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by sunnyzip
i had sent request on jul 2 to match my Gulf air gold...but nothing yet....
Finally got upgraded after I checked today!

Matched to the mid-tier FrecciaAlata.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Requested 30th June, finally matched today. VS Gold > Freccia Alata ^
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Sent request with my BA Gold (OW Emerald) on July 7th, got upgraded to their highest tier Freccia Alata Plus today - no email yet though. My account is updated however
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:10 am

Anyone can help to interpret what do they mean? Are they rejecting my request?

Ti ringraziamo per aver aderito all'iniziativa Status Match.

A seguito delle numerose richieste pervenute, ci scusiamo per non aver ancora terminato le verifiche per il riconoscimento del tuo status.

Saremo lieti di accoglierti presto sui nostri voli.

Cordiali saluti.

Il Programma MilleMiglia

Thank you for taking part in the initiative Status Match

We apologize for not having yet completed audits for the recognition of your status due to the numerous requests received

We look forward to welcoming you soon on our flights

Best regards.

The MilleMiglia Program
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by luv_flying

A seguito delle numerose richieste pervenute, ci scusiamo per non aver ancora terminato le verifiche per il riconoscimento del tuo status.

Cordiali saluti.

Il Programma MilleMiglia

We apologize for not having yet completed audits for the recognition of your status due to the numerous requests received

Best regards.

The MilleMiglia Program
Sounds like they're still working through the backlog. Doesn't look like a rejection to me.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by luv_flying

Cordiali saluti.

Il Programma MilleMiglia

Best regards.

The MilleMiglia Program
I received the same email 2 hrs ago, sent in my request on July 12. Maybe their way of saying wait another 2 weeks.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: OW, Marriott Rewards
Really baffled how this process works... and how, allegedly, these status match requests are dealt with externally rather than by Alitalia themselves.

Sent an initial email on 15 July, followed by at least 4 follow-up emails, and still no reply or upgrade. If it were not for their linkage with Skyteam, I don't know why I would want to fly with Alitalia. Their, or whoever's, efficiency is sheer epic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.