Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
Hi, for those that have already been matched. Did they send an email once the match has been done, or we have to keep checking our account?
See the wiki above.

Also any idea how fast/slow the status will be updated to other ST member.
See the status match page on the Alitalia website.

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Oh yes of course,

BA Gold > Freccia Alata Plus
Send first request 29 june , however not in right format. Resend on 6 July and matched on 16 July.

Your location states The Netherlands, received your card yet?

Thanks
Why the first request was rejected? You haven't sent the card in .pdf or .jpg?
I've sent a BA Gold yesterday.... thanks

Hi, for those that have already been matched. Did they send an email once the match has been done, or we have to keep checking our account?

Also any idea how fast/slow the status will be updated to other ST member.
I'm not sure if you've read this thread at all, as it's mentioned nearly on every page......... ..... keep checking online, that's the first place it will show.

Then some time later (it was a week for me) you will receive an e-mail.

It can take 3 weeks or so to reflect the status with other ST carriers.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by irishguy28
See the wiki above.

See the status match page on the Alitalia website.
Thanks irishguy28 and also flashware. I forgot to check the wiki first.

OK. I have gone back to the status match page and flashware is correct, it says
"The new status will be available in all other systems within three weeks from the update in the Alitalia system."

I have just logged in into my account and found I have been upgraded. The issue now I will be traveling on AF/GA within 2 weeks from now. So any suggestion what to do?

I will start my travel about a week from now, so I guess I will not be on time to get the physical card. Should I just print the card from the profile? Will they recognize it?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, of course you should carry printed evidence showing your Skyteam Elite (plus) status - if your new card has not yet arrived.

If your card arrives, bring that instead. That is all you need to show.

But bear in mind - the actual physical card will always be more "convincing" to a sceptical/unhelpful/unenthusiastic airline employee than a printout from the website. You should not be surprised to receive pushback and/or be denied status privileges if the only proof you can provide is a printout from the website. In the absence of the actual physical card, and in the absence of them seeing your status when they input your number, some agents may be prepared to deny you the privileges.

Don't take it personally; they think they are doing their job.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi guys,

I had some issues getting the offer, and things haven't confirmed yet. CSA's at the MilleMiglia customer support number have limited information about this offer, and they kept saying they had no access to the emails (however their manager has).

Yesterday, after I have been waiting for 2 weeks, I spoke to a manager and he would take care of it. He was really friendly, and I was surprised. He turned a negative experience into something positive however my account hasn't been updated yet. I am sure it will be done soon, and luckily I haven't planned any flights yet but he offered me already the privileges if the system had not processed my upgrade yet. I do wanted to mention this, as this was a huge difference in the experience I had with BA regardless of the issue. I liked it, and I am happy I saw this offer.

However I have a question regarding the FF membership, as the information on the website of Alitalia is a little unclear regarding this matter (I have looked for it, and perhaps I am looking on the wrong pages but the FAQ was in Italian):

BA offers you a "soft bump" to a status below your current if you are unable to earn the required miles in that year. Does Alitalia have a similar system?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:40 am

Alata for you

Anyone know if it is possible to get the promotional code for the alata for you card by phone? Having a hard time with the Italian callcenter menu.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Intresting that A3 would map into FAP
My fiancé (also an A3 Gold but with far less miles) got matched to FA so I'd say it had to do with the fact that I had accumulated enough* miles, as well as that I actually pointed it out.

* Enough as in enough to reach Alata Plus if those miles were flown with Alitalia, whereas the vast majority of A3 Golds barely have enough to reach Ulisse.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Yes, of course you should carry printed evidence showing your Skyteam Elite (plus) status - if your new card has not yet arrived.

If your card arrives, bring that instead. That is all you need to show.

But bear in mind - the actual physical card will always be more "convincing" to a sceptical/unhelpful/unenthusiastic airline employee than a printout from the website. You should not be surprised to receive pushback and/or be denied status privileges if the only proof you can provide is a printout from the website. In the absence of the actual physical card, and in the absence of them seeing your status when they input your number, some agents may be prepared to deny you the privileges.

Don't take it personally; they think they are doing their job.
Any tips how to overcome this? Should i login into my account and show them?

Btw, I just received an email from AZ welcoming me to FA status. So not true that no email.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
Hi guys,

I had some issues getting the offer, and things haven't confirmed yet. CSA's at the MilleMiglia customer support number have limited information about this offer, and they kept saying they had no access to the emails (however their manager has).

Yesterday, after I have been waiting for 2 weeks, I spoke to a manager and he would take care of it. He was really friendly, and I was surprised. He turned a negative experience into something positive however my account hasn't been updated yet. I am sure it will be done soon, and luckily I haven't planned any flights yet but he offered me already the privileges if the system had not processed my upgrade yet. I do wanted to mention this, as this was a huge difference in the experience I had with BA regardless of the issue. I liked it, and I am happy I saw this offer.
I'm glad you had a good experience; but I wonder if he can actually intervene in any meaningful way.

Having sent a query just after the status match was published, I eventually received a reply - but the reply was from an external company. This leads me to suspect that the processing of this offer is NOT being done in-house.

Remember that MilleMiglia was sold by Alitalia and is now majority owned by Etihad. Therefore, the status matching may be done at several arm's lengths remove from Alitalia proper.

I know it's frustrating and everyone is excited to get things as soon as possible, but I think - as is clear from the reports here - that the time to process the applications are mounting. It is also very likely that orders are not being processed strictly in the order of receipt - i.e. it could be that some unusual/rarely encountered statuses/airlines, or poorly scanned/dubious-looking attachments, first get flagged and have to be treated secondly by someone else.

I think the best thing is just to sit tight and wait.

We have had reports of emails rejecting the offer, so you should find out one or the other, eventually.

And attempts to "remind" them may not actually have any such effect.

Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
BA offers you a "soft bump" to a status below your current if you are unable to earn the required miles in that year. Does Alitalia have a similar system?

Thanks!
In the frequent flier world, "bump" means UPWARD motion - whether an upgrade to a higher cabin, or being "bumped" up to a higher status level.

The correct term is a "soft landing".

There has been LOTS of discussion in this very thread (it helps to read the thread!) with some stating that Alitalia does NOT have soft landings, while others suggest that they do.

I have no direct experience...but I would more or less expect that they would have a soft landing (at least so long as you record some status mile activity in the qualifying year).
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Btw, I just received an email from AZ welcoming me to FA status. So not true that no email.
No-one has said that you don't get a mail - eventually.

Where the email has been mentioned, it has usually been to point out that there can be a considerable delay between having your account upgraded, and receipt of the notification email. The email is not (always) generated at the same moment that your account is upgraded (I suspect it is instead triggered by the generation of the new card, or some other subsequent action).

The terms of the Status Match do indicate that you will receive a mail.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
The correct term is a "soft landing".
You are absolutely right, I was familiar with the term but I forgot the exact term. I have read parts of the thread and I performed some searches. This thread currently has 18 pages, so a bit much to read all of it.

In terms of time, the only thing I request from an airline's call centre is honesty. Things might take a while, and this is absolutely fine. I don't mind waiting for a month, but at least give us an update that there are some delays in answering the queries. I couldn't even tell if they actually received the email at all.

Just to add, as I mentioned in my previous message, I have had a confirmation that the managers have access to these emails, as they confirmed that the email actually arrived.

Thanks for the long reply, really appreciate your comments

Last edited by AlmostBritish; Jul 22, 2015 at 8:40 am
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Some data points:
I have now received my welcome package with CFP card (Freccia Alata Plus) and the upgrade voucher for another person. This pack came about a week after my online status got upgraded and I live in UK.

I used the Freccia Alata forYou voucher and upgraded my sister, this took only 2 days to process - very quick, and shows up upgraded in status online. She is now waiting for her welcome pack. One strange thing I did notice is that her expiry is 2016/03 and mine is 2017/03. Yet the upgrade voucher mentions that upgradee will have the same expiry as the person granting the status. Will have to call in and enquire.

I also used the Business for you upgrades. Absolutely easy to use and process. No charges, just sent to backoffice to re-ticket and received the ticket now in I - Business. Brilliant!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:36 am

This leads me to suspect that the processing of this offer is NOT being done in-house.
Correct. And that's perhaps the same company which is in charge of customer services, at least in Italy.

G
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
I emailed my status match request (GulfAir gold valid to Jan-17) on the evening of 6th July ... checked yesterday and it wasn't showing online ... just check website again now, and I've been upgraded to Freccia Alta ... with a March 2017 expiry date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.