Search
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Air Rarotonga
July 8, 2015
added the actual link
http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...tus-match.html

Update summary from nufnuf77:

The status update currently seems to take about 15-20 calendar days. No email is sent immediately upon upgrade, but one may be received later (within a week or so). One has to visit the MilleMiglia site and look at one's card displayed under profile. The upgrades are probably processed externally to Alitalia, as neither Freccia Alata Plus line knew anything about it and one member received and email back from external processing team.

Physical card and upgrade voucher code to give status to someone else - 'Freccia Alata for you' are reported to arrive approx 5-10 days after the upgrade has been processed, depending on your postal address.

The coucher for 'Freccia Alata forYou' arrives in the welcome pack and has instructions and rules on how you can use this unique code to upgrade a family member/friend to Freccia Alata status for free. Can only be used once and the person receiving cannot be changed after it is applied.

The 'Business for you' upgrade (4x) is available from the moment one's status shows as Freccia Alata Plus. These 4 upgrade vouchers can be used for oneself or any other nominated person, and can be used by phoning the call centre. To upgrade, the original flight must be booked in P(Classica Plus) or Y, B, M and H(Classica). Upgrade inventory needed seems to be 'Z' class for business and 'A' class for Classica Plus.
It costs: 1 voucher to upgrade P-->Z(Business);
1 voucher for Y/B/M/H-->A(Classica Plus);
2 vouchers to upgrade Y/B/H/M-->Z(Business).

The new expiry date (March 2016 or 2017) will depend on your current status/card submitted, as per this quote from Alitalia:
The new, recognized status will be valid until March 31, 2016. If the status in the existing Frequent Flyer Program expires after March 31, 2016, the equivalent status recognized within the MilleMiglia Program will be valid until March 31, 2017. In no case will lifetime cards be issued.
Matching tiers
Silver level - Ulisse Club
Gold level - Freccia Alata Club <-- Star Alliance Gold
Platinum level - Freccia Alata Plus Club <-- OW Emerald or AA EXP (?)

Successful matches - Please post here any match received, including the status with the original airline, and which status matched to with Alitalia. If the match is already listed, please do not list again. If matched from a status listed to a different status in Millimeglia, post here. Format as below in Alphabetical order:

AA Executive Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
AA Platinum/One World Saphire - Freccia Alata Club
Air Berlin Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
BA Gold/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
BA Silver/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
CX Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Etihad Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Gulf Air Gold- Freccia Alata Club
Lufthansa Senator/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
MH Gold/One World Sapphire - Freccia Alata Club
Royal Jordanian Platinum/One World Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus Club
SAS Eurobonus Diamond/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Turkish Airlines Elite/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
Turkish Airlines Elite Plus/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Club
United Airlines Mileage Plus 1K/Star Alliance Gold - Freccia Alata Plus Club
Qantas Platinun/oneworld Emerald - Freccia Alata Plus
Print Wikipost

MilleMiglia Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I still haven't got any reply. Sent it last Friday (3Jul) with TK Elite.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
Me too! Send with AB Plat....
Still waiting!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
After nine days finally Alitalia matched my status to Freccia Alata Plus!

A very generous offer since you get four upgrade vouchers and one Freccia Alata card to award by doing nothing... I guess I'll fly a little more with my national carrier now!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101
I still haven't got any reply either. Applied on june 29th ... Flying Alitalia tomorrow :-(
... My emerald dynasty china airlines card is still valid for a few days, so lounge access should be granted.
but it won't be the case for much longer ...

Last edited by KATERGOO; Jul 11, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I still haven't got any reply either. Applied on june 29th ... Flying Alitalia tomorrow :-(
... My emerald dynasty china airlines card is still valid for a few days, so lounge access should be granted.
but it won't be the case for much longer ...
Try sending in a reminder email, that seems to have helped those whose matches were slow
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Is there something wrong with their website? I have tried joining and I keep getting an "Error in Service" message. I have tried using both Chrome and Firefox and I keep being shown that.

Ok so now I use Internet Explorer (who still uses that).. and I get an answer to say that I am already registered.. but I have not received an email from them ! So I sign in again, this time using my full and middle names and then it worked. I still have no idea where the other email has gone.

Anyway, signed and sent off my match (with American Airlines Plat). Lets hope the response comes in time for my EY flight.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 12, 2015 at 12:55 pm
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:36 am

Oh....Me too. also met the issue with "error in service". tried both Chrome and IE. what is the matter?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jasperyeung
Oh....Me too. also met the issue with "error in service". tried both Chrome and IE. what is the matter?
Ring up, explain that you registered without receiving your user number, and they will look you up based on your personal information/email address and read your user number to you over the phone. When you have your user number, you can use the website to retrieve your PIN.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
due to the error, I tried several times to sign up. Now, after receiving the newsletter, I noticed that I have 3 accounts... Is there a way to delete them?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: SK *G/AB Sapphire/AZ Gold/IHG Gold
I've finally got upgraded today :-) The initial e-mail was sent on 1.07, the reminder was sent 11.07.

SK Gold valid until 08/16 --> Freccia Alta until 03/17
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by mith
due to the error, I tried several times to sign up. Now, after receiving the newsletter, I noticed that I have 3 accounts... Is there a way to delete them?
Did you just get newsletters now? is it a monthly thingy?

I registered, didn't write down my # and don't even know if I subscribed to the newsletter to find my #
guess I have to call, or wait for physical card to arrive
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Did you just get newsletters now? is it a monthly thingy?

I registered, didn't write down my # and don't even know if I subscribed to the newsletter to find my #
guess I have to call, or wait for physical card to arrive
I have subscribed and received 2 newsletters in the last 2 weeks which has my# on it. However, I have not received any welcome email that they mentioned on the email that came with the pin.

I think it may be better to give them a call to get the #, when I signed up as basic member, I remember reading somewhere that they will send out the card after your first flight.

However, after getting matched, they did send me a card within 4 working days.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
I have subscribed and received 2 newsletters in the last 2 weeks which has my# on it. However, I have not received any welcome email that they mentioned on the email that came with the pin.

I think it may be better to give them a call to get the #, when I signed up as basic member, I remember reading somewhere that they will send out the card after your first flight.

However, after getting matched, they did send me a card within 4 working days.
Thanks, just called Canada line and got my code within 3 minutes
added to AwardWallet and sent off status request email

Still funny they did NOT send out any Welcome email at all (only the PIN email)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by kauppias
Try sending in a reminder email, that seems to have helped those whose matches were slow
Thanks ! I was finally upgraded today
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
Succeeded in matching BA Gold to Freccia Alata Plus. I have sent the request on the 1st of July. Matched today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.