Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Earn miles on AF flight operated by Japan Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

I had a Tokyo-Paris-London flight two days ago. The first segment is a Air France code-share operated by Japan Airlines.

The second leg has already posted but not the first one. Since it is actually operated by a non-partner, I wonder if it affects my eligibility to earn miles?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)

if the ticket is the same and has been issued by AF you should have no problems since it's the vendor that counts. maybe try claiming the miles via the online form.

you may have better feedback if you post on AF forum too, as AF is the company you mention.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by straniero
if the ticket is the same and has been issued by AF you should have no problems since it's the vendor that counts. maybe try claiming the miles via the online form.

you may have better feedback if you post on AF forum too, as AF is the company you mention.
Thanks for the answer!

I'm sure Flying blue would credit the flight since I've found it in their T&F. However, as for Alitalia I haven't found anything certain so I would like to consult here.

Yes the two legs are on the same ticket and are both AF flights. Maybe I'm just being impatient and hopefully it will be credited in the next few days
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:28 am

MilleMiglia accepts codeshare flights as long as you booked with the partner
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bungler
MilleMiglia accepts codeshare flights as long as you booked with the partner
By the book, the flight should not be credited.

As a matter of fact I believe it will post, as Bungler said. Or try to credit it with the request form online.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:56 am

In AZ FFP, what will be the basis for the number of miles I will earn for codeshare flights? Is it the marketing cxr or the operating cxr? For example, AZ marketed flight operated by AF. Should I refer to the earning chart of AZ or AF in this case?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by andideocampo
In AZ FFP, what will be the basis for the number of miles I will earn for codeshare flights? Is it the marketing cxr or the operating cxr? For example, AZ marketed flight operated by AF. Should I refer to the earning chart of AZ or AF in this case?

Thanks!
If you bought the ticket with AZ, you need to refer to AZ earning chart.
see here:
http://www.alitalia.com/it_it/millem...artner_skyteam
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:28 am

If you bought the ticket with AZ, you need to refer to AZ earning chart.
see here:
http://www.alitalia.com/it_it/millem...artner_skyteam
Even if its AF operated? What if I booked it on an OTA?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:49 pm

Even if its AF operated? What if I booked it on an OTA?
I may be wrong (raistlin, bungler - your wisdom is needed here) but if the flight is bought via AZ and is operated by a ST partner, and not on some strange codeshare flight, you will get the miles.

e.g. AZ ticket operated by AF - miles (100% sure as I do that often)
Az ticket operated by some AF partner in codeshare like AirCalin - not sure you will get the miles.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:00 pm

I may be wrong (raistlin, bungler - your wisdom is needed here) but if the flight is bought via AZ and is operated by a ST partner, and not on some strange codeshare flight, you will get the miles.

e.g. AZ ticket operated by AF - miles (100% sure as I do that often)
Az ticket operated by some AF partner in codeshare like AirCalin - not sure you will get the miles.
Thanks for the help. Just probably to clarify my question. Let me provide more details.

It's 100% sure that a flight with AZ flight no. and operated by AF will earn MM miles. My question is what earning chart will be followed in MM program? If I'm booked in fare code Y (assuming it's medium haul intl), it will earn 150% accdg to AZ earning chart but in AF's chart it will earn 100%.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:01 am

Thanks for the help. Just probably to clarify my question. Let me provide more details.

It's 100% sure that a flight with AZ flight no. and operated by AF will earn MM miles. My question is what earning chart will be followed in MM program? If I'm booked in fare code Y (assuming it's medium haul intl), it will earn 150% accdg to AZ earning chart but in AF's chart it will earn 100%.
If it's an AZ ticket - normally starts with 055 - it will use AZ chart, see my reply above.

I flew FCO-JFK-FCO J many a times: AZ ticket, DL or AF metal, 300% miles (^).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:57 am

If it's an AZ ticket - normally starts with 055 - it will use AZ chart, see my reply above.

I flew FCO-JFK-FCO J many a times: AZ ticket, DL or AF metal, 300% miles (^).
Awesome!!! Thanks for clarifying.

By the way, what's the difference between between med-haul and long-haul in AZ's earning chart? What routes are considered long-haul? The >1000 miles is both present in the med-haul and long-haul hence; makes it a bit confusing.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:44 am

Awesome!!! Thanks for clarifying.

By the way, what's the difference between between med-haul and long-haul in AZ's earning chart? What routes are considered long-haul? The >1000 miles is both present in the med-haul and long-haul hence; makes it a bit confusing.
med haul is like middle east, north africa, maybe russia. long haul is when you either go to china and beyond, or cross the ocean.
i could be more precise if i were home but this is somewhat accurate already.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

An update:

I sent an email to the CS and the miles finally credited after one month

However, although I've accumulated enough miles for Ulisse it seems I'm still a basic member after log-in. Can someone tell me how long it takes for the status to update?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by strayersong
An update:

I sent an email to the CS and the miles finally credited after one month

However, although I've accumulated enough miles for Ulisse it seems I'm still a basic member after log-in. Can someone tell me how long it takes for the status to update?
first day of next month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.