Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has happened to wine on EU AZ flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
What has happened to wine on EU AZ flights?

So there you go. The last time I flew AZ was a year ago and I remember drinking wine onboard their aircraft in economy.

Just flew again a few days ago and got informed they do not serve wine anymore.

What's wrong, why's that, since when don't you serve it any more? Come on, Alitalia, you were probably the only airline to make me happy with some Pinot Grigio and now there is no wine at all?

Does anybody know what exactly has happened? I thought they were supposed to offer an even better service ever since they got together with Etihad...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 2:01 am

Before Etihad got involved, Alitalia ran into significant financial struggles (nothing new, really, but at some point even the state-owned post office had to inject some cash to save the airline from collapse), meaning that several cuts were made. That said, the current offer on all flights within Europe is limited to water, orange juice, coffee, tea & a snack. I'm not entirely sure whether there's a wider choice on the SVO services, but I doubt it.

G
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Before Etihad got involved, Alitalia ran into significant financial struggles (nothing new, really, but at some point even the state-owned post office had to inject some cash to save the airline from collapse), meaning that several cuts were made. That said, the current offer on all flights within Europe is limited to water, orange juice, coffee, tea & a snack. I'm not entirely sure whether there's a wider choice on the SVO services, but I doubt it.

G
Will they serve anything to eat / drink in Business Class on a 3+ hour flight such as FCO - TLV or CAI ? They are not my airline of choice, but trying to use up my DL miles before exiting the whole Skymiles thing, the only awards between Europe and the Middle East are routed to AZ via FCO. No AF/KL nonstop is even mentioned, and SU via SVO is REALLY out of the way...

(BTW, isn't it ironical, for people over 50 that is, that SU now figures as one of the more desirable airlines ?)

Last edited by Cofyknsult; Feb 12, 2015 at 5:58 am
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Will they serve anything to eat / drink in Business Class on a 3+ hour flight such as FCO - TLV or CAI ? They are not my airline of choice, but trying to use up my DL miles before exiting the whole Skymiles thing, the only awards between Europe and the Middle East are routed to AZ via FCO. No AF/KL nonstop is even mentioned, and SU via SVO is REALLY out of the way...
You'll be absolutely fine in business class. The last time I flew MXP-SVO, I got a salad, some bread, fruit, a slice of cake and a can of beer (Castello - I had never heard that before to be honest).

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
(BTW, isn't ironical, for people over 50 that is, that SU now figures as one of the more desirable airlines ?)
That's all down to their female crew and the fact that the percentage of pervs amongst the people who responded to those surveys was, apparently, quite significant.

G
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

G
IIRC also Pepsi and a couple other beverages. But no alcohol I think.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:30 pm

On flights above 3 hours like SVO the service should be unchanged IIRC

Sad to see AZ still cutting... EY has promised new catering which I hope includes an upgrade of the short-haul offer ASAP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.