Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia lounges when transferring at FCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I haven't been to FCO in a looooong time. What do you recommend I do during a layover that is about ~6 hrs? Anything interesting/fun at the airport? I imagine going to/from the city would be a logistical nightmare.
Well, not really, but not sure it's worth it. It's a ~40 mins train connection, plus you need to go through passport control... plus security if you get out. So, you'd be looking at a couple of hours at most in Rome center.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
Originally Posted by raistlin
Quote:

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06

I haven't been to FCO in a looooong time. What do you recommend I do during a layover that is about ~6 hrs? Anything interesting/fun at the airport? I imagine going to/from the city would be a logistical nightmare.

Well, not really, but not sure it's worth it. It's a ~40 mins train connection, plus you need to go through passport control... plus security if you get out. So, you'd be looking at a couple of hours at most in Rome center.
Once you factor in the average train delay of 10-15 min it's not really convenient. I live on the first stop after FCO so sadly I know what I am talking about. Leo express is a bit better but I would not count on it.

Personally I would just take root in dolce vita and wait for my flight.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by straniero
...Personally I would just take root in dolce vita and wait for my flight.
As I've suggested on previous occasions, take a cab and visit the Ostia Antica "excavations". Certainly worth a visit a great way to spend a few hours, including transfer from/to FCO.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Looking for advice from the experts.

We are flying JFK-FCO-CMN with a 2h layover in FCO. Business class booked through DL. JFK-FCO is on DL metal. FCO-CMN is on AZ metal.

1. What terminals will we be arriving/departing from? I can't tell if we need to go from T5>T3 or if we will arrive and depart T3? FCO website and FT reports seem to indicate different things.

2. As we are coming non-Schengen and departing non-Schengen, will we be able to just remain airside and not clear passport control?

3. (Relevant to this thread). Based on #1 and #2, recommendations for what lounge to visit? I'm assuming that Dolce Vita is out of the question given terminals/timing and that we may not actually enter Schengen space on our connection, though if possible would love to try it out. Otherwise, mostly interested in where I can take a shower and get some coffee during the short stop.

Thanks in advance!

Bonus: Anyone flown FCO-North Africa on AZ? I can't tell if this is a mid-haul flight with some extras or just standard Euro-Business. Doesn't really matter - just more curious than anything.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
1) t5 -> t3. Don't worry, there's just a shuttle + a little walk, no huge deal. FCO is easy.

2) you'll remain non-Schengen

3) the only accessible lounge for you is Le Navi

Dolce Vita is out of question. Le Navi should have a shower.

FCO-CMN is a very standard flight with Ottima service.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by raistlin
1) t5 -> t3. Don't worry, there's just a shuttle + a little walk, no huge deal. FCO is easy.

2) you'll remain non-Schengen

3) the only accessible lounge for you is Le Navi

Dolce Vita is out of question. Le Navi should have a shower.

FCO-CMN is a very standard flight with Ottima service.
Awesome. Thank you!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of 10/4/15, the AZ lounge by H gates still closed.

Next best option is taking the shuttle bus to/from G gates, which requires re-clearing security.

By the time we figured this out, we didn't have time to head over, so can't comment on trip time or what state the actual lounge is in.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by straniero
Once you factor in the average train delay of 10-15 min it's not really convenient. I live on the first stop after FCO so sadly I know what I am talking about. Leo express is a bit better but I would not count on it.
I've taken both trains many times (~40/50) and can recall a couple of delays at most, although one was a very major one, with one train cancelled and the following one delayed 10 minutes.

Ostia antica gets my vote as well. Depending on the time f the day, one could also go for lunch to Fiumicino.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Note that if you held oneworld elite status via AA or US, you would definitely not get access to Admirals Clubs on a purely domestic itinerary.
Correct, but any other FF Sapphire or Emerald will do. This is why I have AB Gold card (oneWorld Sapphire) - I have never any problem with Admirals Club access with AB card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.