When the money runs out...

Old Feb 5, 14, 8:05 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL DM, UA PP <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I just got back LIN-FRA-WAS and was able to check in bags 30 min before flight and made it with plenty of time !
LIN is a nice small airport close to the city. No wonder it has a busy schedule.
Originally Posted by PWMTrav View Post
How early do you have to show up to the airport at LIN? My perspective is from the US, where at a larger airport there's a very real chance I wait in a security line - and I have PreCheck as well, which cuts down a lot of the theater.
Old Feb 5, 14, 8:32 pm

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Check in time at LIN is ordinarily 40 mins, but for LIN-FCO it is 20 mins. There's a dedicated fast track for LIN-FCO (separate from the C class fast track).

As others observed the airport is VERY close to the center, and a new underground line is nearly complete.

Last edited by raistlin; Feb 5, 14 at 8:38 pm
Old Feb 6, 14, 5:02 pm

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
I think "nearly complete" is putting a very positive spin on it. As I understand it the TBM has barely begun digging the tunnel between Linate and Fornlanini FS, and the smart money says that no way will this be completed in time for the Expo in 2015, whatever the comune's press releases say...

Still, the important thing is, now they've started building this line (which when completed will run from Linate to Lorenteggio, via downtown Milan) they will presumably have to finish it, even though this is unlikely to take place before 2018 (official expected date of completion) or 2020 (probable date of completion...and that's ignoring the history of other Milanese metro lines over the last 30 years).
Old Feb 7, 14, 1:31 am

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
Etihad

Getting back on topic, I've now read that apparently Etihad is keen to focus on LIN to open more short/medium-haul routes, using slots freed up by reducing the frequency of LIN-FCO.
Old Feb 7, 14, 11:39 am

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 View Post
Getting back on topic, I've now read that apparently Etihad is keen to focus on LIN to open more short/medium-haul routes, using slots freed up by reducing the frequency of LIN-FCO.
Yep, that was what I mentioned a few messages back in the thread. I am in love with that idea

Search this Thread
Search Engine: