FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Diamond Medallion Flying with Family of 6 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1436733-diamond-medallion-flying-family-6-a.html)

SLCGuy Feb 8, 2013 9:39 pm

Diamond Medallion Flying with Family of 6

Will Alitalia give me any preferential treatment since I am a Delta Diamond Medallion? I am traveling with my family of 6 people and was hoping to get upgraded to Classica Plus (their economy comfort equivalent). This seems unlikely. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

raistlin Feb 8, 2013 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by SLCGuy (Post 20213605)
Will Alitalia give me any preferential treatment since I am a Delta Diamond Medallion? I am traveling with my family of 6 people and was hoping to get upgraded to Classica Plus (their economy comfort equivalent). This seems unlikely. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ciao SLCGuy,

so, you will of course get Elite Plus benefits in terms of priority check in etc.

I'm afraid no lounge dragon will ever allow you in with 5 other people but you can surely try (Alitalia's policy is "+family" for their own elites in their lounges, so you may just be lucky).

Classica Plus is, however, NOT an equivalent of Economy Comfort, it's a different class of service (like Premium Voyageur on Air France), and there's no automatic upgrade, not even for me being a top tier customer of theirs.

You _could_ get an op-up if economy is oversold, and that happens, in that case your status will get you priority for that. You may wish to ask nicely at the agent, in case flight is oversold, if they may upgrade you and your family. Worked for me with Delta at times :-)

All the best, enjoy your trip.

orbitmic Feb 9, 2013 1:08 am

+1 on all that raistlin says, not least that Classica Plus has absolutely nothing to do with Economy comfort and is an entirely different class of travel. The only difference is that I think that even in the case the flight is oversold there is absolutely zero chance they would upgrade 6 people on your reservation. After AZ top tier people are taken care of you could be lucky and get an upgrade for yourself but then it will most likely mean leaving the other 5 behind the curtain: 6 people would mean about 30% of the Classica Plus cabin capacity!

Also for info, note that on the one other airline which has Economy Comfort apart from Delta (KLM), complementary Economy comfort access is only for the Diamond/Platinum member and not for any travelling companion who would have to pay the full price for the privilege (it is exactly the same BTW for us FB Plat travelling on DL).

tfred Feb 12, 2013 6:14 pm

i doubt any upgrade. Lounge access - you and a guest.

you can use the elite lines for check in for the crowd which means something in Italian airports. FCO can be a disaster in the economy lines

enjoy italy - it really is the best