Alitalia: 20% off

Old Feb 7, 13, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat

Book Feb 8-13
Fly Apr 5 - May 31

Travel from Italy. No valid to: Netherlands, UK, France, Libya, US and Canada.

http://promo.alitalia.com/italy/Promocode.asp
Old Feb 9, 13, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Note it comes with loads of caveats: only travel from 5 April to 31 May excluding a 2 weeks period in late April-early May, only valid on AZ-operated flights, only valid in Y, etc.

I think that in 3 months AZ will still publish some e-coupons but valid only for travel between Genova and Milan via Rome for travel on 29 February in the afternoon returning 31 October in the morning if your name starts with a K and you have no MM or ST partner card and your credit card number doesn't contain number 9 and you can dance like Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain...
Old Feb 9, 13, 3:11 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Certainly is bad that the only two destinations (US and UK) where the 20% would make a gd deal on J fares are not included

They are becoming inceasingly annoying and its taking my ( little ) travel away from AZ
Old Feb 9, 13, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
Note it comes with loads of caveats: only travel from 5 April to 31 May excluding a 2 weeks period in late April-early May, only valid on AZ-operated flights, only valid in Y, etc. :td.
it's a common policy, like that in winter with the exclusion of the Christmas holidays. April 25, Thursday, and May 1, Wed, are public holidays and those few italians that still have some money will likely go on holiday.
Old Feb 9, 13, 9:12 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Alice11 View Post
it's a common policy, like that in winter with the exclusion of the Christmas holidays. April 25, Thursday, and May 1, Wed, are public holidays and those few italians that still have some money will likely go on holiday.
I think it is perfectly fine to exclude dates when you allow bookings on a long period, but to exclude 2 weeks out of 8 becomes quite annoying. If they said 5/4 to 31/5 and 1/9 to 15/12 except xxxxx I would have no problem with that but here it feels like they are really cherry picking what they want you to buy which makes it closer to a 'traditional' promotion than the AZ coupons tradition. For me, only Y is also a really big issue as I'm not really interested in Y beyond Europe on AZ.
Old Feb 9, 13, 12:29 pm

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by terminalfive View Post
Certainly is bad that the only two destinations (US and UK) where the 20% would make a gd deal on J fares are not included
J fares are not included in general.
Old Feb 10, 13, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by raistlin View Post
J fares are not included in general.
What do you mean? I bought quite a few this year throughout the various coupon promotions and they were included every time. Classica Plus was sometimes not included...
Old Feb 10, 13, 7:59 am

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
What do you mean? I bought quite a few this year throughout the various coupon promotions and they were included every time. Classica Plus was sometimes not included...
That in this coupon, J is not included at all.
Old Feb 10, 13, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by raistlin View Post
That in this coupon, J is not included at all.
I guess it's more the 'in general' part of your sentence that I was querying. But as you say, in this coupon, unfortunately, it's nothing but Y

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 10, 13 at 9:30 am
Old Feb 10, 13, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

My fault but ( for me ) that makes the e-coupon even more useless..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: