FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   Alitalia: 20% off (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1436342-alitalia-20-off.html)

Alice11 Feb 7, 13 3:38 pm

Alitalia: 20% off

Book Feb 8-13
Fly Apr 5 - May 31

Travel from Italy. No valid to: Netherlands, UK, France, Libya, US and Canada.

http://promo.alitalia.com/italy/Promocode.asp

orbitmic Feb 9, 13 1:00 am

Note it comes with loads of caveats: only travel from 5 April to 31 May excluding a 2 weeks period in late April-early May, only valid on AZ-operated flights, only valid in Y, etc. :td:

I think that in 3 months AZ will still publish some e-coupons but valid only for travel between Genova and Milan via Rome for travel on 29 February in the afternoon returning 31 October in the morning if your name starts with a K and you have no MM or ST partner card and your credit card number doesn't contain number 9 and you can dance like Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain...

terminalfive Feb 9, 13 3:11 am

Certainly is bad that the only two destinations (US and UK) where the 20% would make a gd deal on J fares are not included

They are becoming inceasingly annoying and its taking my ( little ) travel away from AZ

Alice11 Feb 9, 13 7:28 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 20214145)
Note it comes with loads of caveats: only travel from 5 April to 31 May excluding a 2 weeks period in late April-early May, only valid on AZ-operated flights, only valid in Y, etc. :td.

it's a common policy, like that in winter with the exclusion of the Christmas holidays. April 25, Thursday, and May 1, Wed, are public holidays and those few italians that still have some money will likely go on holiday.

orbitmic Feb 9, 13 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Alice11 (Post 20214914)
it's a common policy, like that in winter with the exclusion of the Christmas holidays. April 25, Thursday, and May 1, Wed, are public holidays and those few italians that still have some money will likely go on holiday.

I think it is perfectly fine to exclude dates when you allow bookings on a long period, but to exclude 2 weeks out of 8 becomes quite annoying. If they said 5/4 to 31/5 and 1/9 to 15/12 except xxxxx I would have no problem with that but here it feels like they are really cherry picking what they want you to buy which makes it closer to a 'traditional' promotion than the AZ coupons tradition. For me, only Y is also a really big issue as I'm not really interested in Y beyond Europe on AZ.

raistlin Feb 9, 13 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by terminalfive (Post 20214375)
Certainly is bad that the only two destinations (US and UK) where the 20% would make a gd deal on J fares are not included

J fares are not included in general.

orbitmic Feb 10, 13 1:21 am

Originally Posted by raistlin (Post 20216283)
J fares are not included in general.

What do you mean? I bought quite a few this year throughout the various coupon promotions and they were included every time. Classica Plus was sometimes not included...

raistlin Feb 10, 13 7:59 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 20219138)
What do you mean? I bought quite a few this year throughout the various coupon promotions and they were included every time. Classica Plus was sometimes not included...

That in this coupon, J is not included at all.

orbitmic Feb 10, 13 9:13 am

Originally Posted by raistlin (Post 20220038)
That in this coupon, J is not included at all.

I guess it's more the 'in general' part of your sentence that I was querying. But as you say, in this coupon, unfortunately, it's nothing but Y :(

terminalfive Feb 10, 13 12:30 pm

My fault but ( for me ) that makes the e-coupon even more useless..