Alitalia suspending FCO-PEK from March4th

Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:06 am
Original Poster

According to the officiak Alitalia facebook site:

from March 4th 2013 Alitalia is suspending (it. sospensione)
the following route
Roma Fiumicino (FCO) - Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK).

Alitalia behaviour is astonishing unprofessional:

1. Alitalia giving information thru facebook - nothing on the official web site yet - because travellers have already problems with their flights.

2. Alitalia web site is STILL selling strongly discounted tickets for February (ex Italy) on this route ...
I have never seen a single case that there is a promo on a route
that will be suspended or closed down so soon (I'm following the China market: e.g. Lufthansa etc. closed a route there but no promo on it)

3. In Rome (according to my friend) they are new posters in
Chinese only for the FCO - PEK offer. Alitalia paid them? For a suspended route?

Tickets -for already sold flights- are easily cancelled and if you decide to fly ... detour e.g. via Seoul and via Moscow

4. Frequently the 2 old A330 (AP ex AIr One) (MSN 272 or 339) to be phased out -are playing this route
OtherAZ ALitalia A330 are a different story but these birds are flying to other -more "respected" (if any) - Alitalia destinations.

Last edited by Topolino; Feb 2, 2013 at 2:40 am
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:53 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
2. Why not? February the flights still run?
As for the promos: I believe there was a huge group FTers who flew from somewhere in Italy to FCO via PEK or the like.
3. Starting up an ad campaign takes months, probably well before this decision was made

I understand it sucks that a route is being canceled, but in reality it happens all the time, at every airline.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:14 am

I have booked a flight from Barcelona to Beijing via Rome in April, and what will they arrange for me? Will they put me on other flights or just cancel the ticket without any further arrangement?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Almost definately they'll send you KL or AF
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:38 pm

I have orignally booked my flight on 4 Apr, from BCN > FCO > PEK, any chance that I can try to ask for:

1. Change the depart date to 6 Apr
2. Change the routing to CDG > PEK

This is my first time my flight was cancelled, I am not sure if i need to call them or they will approach me. Also, shall I call their Italy office or other office, as I only speaks English instead of Italian.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
I have orignally booked my flight on 4 Apr, from BCN > FCO > PEK, any chance that I can try to ask for:

1. Change the depart date to 6 Apr
2. Change the routing to CDG > PEK

This is my first time my flight was cancelled, I am not sure if i need to call them or they will approach me. Also, shall I call their Italy office or other office, as I only speaks English instead of Italian.

Thanks!
I think you're likely to get the re-routing via CDG if you ask for it.

Call the Italian call center, by all means.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:29 am

Do you think I can request a change in date or need to stick with the original 4 Apr?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Seeing as the timings of the flights change AZ will probably allow you to change dates..
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:52 am

Finally got my ticket changed....

Original itinerary: HKG > CDG > FCO, BCN > FCO > PEK
Revised itinerary: HKG > CDG > FCO, BCN > CDG > CAN

At the end, AZ did not contact me (no phone, no email) for the cancellation of FCO > PEK. If I did not read the forum or read AZ news, I may just arrive to the airport without knowing the changes.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.