Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Damaged baggage on Alitalia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum
Damaged baggage on Alitalia

Alitalia damaged my suitcase on their flight. I wanted to do a repair, however I was told that the damage can't be repaired.

I sent Alitalia my claim and now I was offer to choose a new suitcase from their list and one to be dellivered to my home address.

Just wanted to ask if someone has the same experience as I would preffer to get cash from them to by myself a suitcase of my choice, rather as getting promotional one directly from AZ. It might be different at some stations, my claim was handled by Italy directly.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:42 pm

My experience - although not with AZ - was that our almost already broken hand luggage bag (wheels type) was put in the hold for the flight and then lost at FCO. When found many days later it was broken beyond repair so they got us a new one which was far nicer than the original! So that left us happy.

I think it would be difficult for the airline to know how much money you need to buy a comparable suitcase, which is why to be more accurate they're letting you choose between a selection of similar ones which they send to you directly. I'm sure there must be a nice one among them for you take!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.