Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

LIN: lounge 'Parini' has been closed

Old Jan 14, 13, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat

Noticed yesterday and then I have found this update on the website
http://www.alitalia.com/IT_IT/news/6...07.aspx?page=1
Old Jan 14, 13, 3:36 pm

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by Alice11 View Post
Noticed yesterday and then I have found this update on the website
http://www.alitalia.com/IT_IT/news/6...07.aspx?page=1
I noticed it with a huge on my face a week ago. And I'm left wondering why putting the SkyPriority desks at the farthest end of the terminal, as opposed to using (for instance) the former AP desks right near the lounge.
Old Jan 15, 13, 3:34 am

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
I hardly ever do airport check-in at LIN any more, but on the few times I have done of late it's been a mildly frustrating experience (and I've been using LIN on a regular basis for more than 15 years...).

When I flew to AMS on KLM metal recently I couldn't check my bag in at the Sala Parini, which was annoying (I understand why...but it's still annoying) so I had to dash off down the terminal building to the right desk.

There also seem to be separate SkyPriority desks according to destination. When I flew to LHR with the family before Xmas I went to one of the desks at the end of Area A but was told this was only for flights to Paris and somewhere else -that wasn't London- and was sent to other desks a little way away (where, unlike at the "Paris" desk, there was a queue). I can understand separate desks for Roma-Milano, hell I can understand desks for different destinations when needed for technical reasons, but I agree that they should physically put them all together. And the former AP desks at the northern end of the terminal would be an ideal location.
Old Jan 15, 13, 6:14 am
Original Poster

well, I've never used the Parini so I may miss something but I don't see a real benefit from a pre-security lounge at LIN. It's that sort of airport where you expect to go quickly through checkin and security - and that's all.
Once you have Sky Priority, you get it.
Old Jan 15, 13, 11:52 am

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
Totally agree, Alice11. In fact, when I tried in vain to use it on 6 January (coincidentally the day before it shut!) it was the first time I'd ever darkened its door.
Old Jan 16, 13, 4:56 pm

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by Alice11 View Post
well, I've never used the Parini so I may miss something but I don't see a real benefit from a pre-security lounge at LIN. It's that sort of airport where you expect to go quickly through checkin
It added 3 skypriority checkin desks that now are not there anymore, so you'll see the missing benefit from the line at the other checkin desks ;-)
Old Jan 17, 13, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin View Post
It added 3 skypriority checkin desks that now are not there anymore, so you'll see the missing benefit from the line at the other checkin desks ;-)
OK, now I understand

Search this Thread
Search Engine: