Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

How to book an award flight with SkyTeam

Old Dec 31, 12, 5:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

How can I book an award flight with SkyTeam members, using my MilleMiglia miles?

I have been calling for hours already! Called the US number, the Japanese number, the German number, the Dutch number... No success.

Some agents say that I must call KLM if I want to fly with KLM or Delta if I want to fly with Delta. Others "don't see" availability with KLM/Delta. Some claim that Alitalia don't fly to Anchorage and Havana (which is, of course, true). Others claim that I can only book AZ flight. Grrrrr! I am getting mad!

Nice game to have customers lose their miles by the end of today!

Any ideas? I want to fly around 18 May from Frankfurt or Zurich to Anchorage or Havana. Two times in economy.
Old Dec 31, 12, 6:55 am

call the italy number +39 06 65649

and remember you have until 31.06.2013 to use your miles.
Old Dec 31, 12, 7:01 am

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan View Post
How can I book an award flight with SkyTeam members, using my MilleMiglia miles?

I have been calling for hours already! Called the US number, the Japanese number, the German number, the Dutch number... No success.

Some agents say that I must call KLM if I want to fly with KLM or Delta if I want to fly with Delta. Others "don't see" availability with KLM/Delta. Some claim that Alitalia don't fly to Anchorage and Havana (which is, of course, true). Others claim that I can only book AZ flight. Grrrrr! I am getting mad!

Nice game to have customers lose their miles by the end of today!

Any ideas? I want to fly around 18 May from Frankfurt or Zurich to Anchorage or Havana. Two times in economy.
Ciao,

first of all, STAY CALM AND DO NOT PANIC.

You miles DO NOT EXPIRE TODAY. You can spend them UNTIL JUNE 30th NEXT YEAR.

:-)

The reason why you are running into trouble today is that about ONE MILLION PEOPLE are trying to book awards, all in a hurry, and all today. So, your best bet is to call in a few days ;-)

Cleared that, to book a Skyteam award, you just need to call Alitalia MilleMiglia as if booking any MilleMiglia award.
Old Dec 31, 12, 9:53 am

Programs: AZ Freccia Alata Plus
I tried to book a reward flight for July 2013 on Friday, and was told that I would have to call back after 1 January, as they were only handling reward tickets for travel in 2012 until the end of the year.

I tried to argue the toss, but the person at the other end was extremely insistent (borderline rude, in fact, but luckily I'm not thin-skinned). I will try again on Wednesday.

Assuming the lady in question wasn't simply spinning me a line to get me off the phone, this makes no sense to me.....unless the call centre has been overrun by people thinking (erroneously) that they need to book and use their miles before 31.12.2012. Who knows.
Old Jan 1, 13, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971 View Post
Assuming the lady in question wasn't simply spinning me a line to get me off the phone, this makes no sense to me.....unless the call centre has been overrun by people thinking (erroneously) that they need to book and use their miles before 31.12.2012. Who knows.
This is precisely what happened.
Old Jan 9, 13, 2:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, US dividend
Problem redeeming.

Hi, its after 1st january, i have been trying to redeem on delta for a yyz-sfo flight, i know there is availability by checking delta.com and air france flying blue, but the alitalia's US call centre cant see availability for any days. Anybody has any suggestion as to which number to call. Thanks
Old Jan 9, 13, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by muj334 View Post
Hi, its after 1st january, i have been trying to redeem on delta for a yyz-sfo flight, i know there is availability by checking delta.com and air france flying blue, but the alitalia's US call centre cant see availability for any days. Anybody has any suggestion as to which number to call. Thanks
Call Italy, the number is above.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: