Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Booking Domestic DL Codeshare Using AZ Voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

The IFE system in business & premium economy on our FCO-JFK flight last month crashed halfway through the flight and was never restored. I complained to Alitalia and they sent everyone on the reservation a EUR 200 voucher that is only good for 12 months.

It's unlikely we will be traveling internationally in that time so it would be great if we could book a flight through Alitalia on a Skyteam partner (namely Delta) for domestic travel within the US. Anyone know if this is possible?
Old May 7, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
Arenīt there any terms & conditions stated on the voucher?
Old May 7, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It would have helped if you had explained a bit more what you wanted to do and why.

By saying "Domestic DL Codeshare" I am going to guess that you want to get around the published terms of the voucher by booking a domestic Delta flight under an AZ flightcode.

It is (almost?) impossible to book a codeshare with no further sectors, which are usually on the metal of that other airline; therefore, I think it will be impossible for you to even price up a Delta domestic flight for sale under its AZ flightcode if there is no further travel involving Alitalia.

You should enquire what the terms and conditions of the voucher are if it is not clear (please reproduce the T&Cs here). AF/KL have a much closer relationship with Delta so such AF/KL vouchers can usually be spent on Delta if desired. However, never having seen an AZ voucher, and given AZ's drift from AFKL there may not be any possibility to spend the voucher on other Skyteam partners. (Perhaps it can be spent on other Etihad partners - though that hardly helps you either!)
Old May 10, 2016, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krabbenkopf
Arenīt there any terms & conditions stated on the voucher?
Very few, in fact. It does say it can be used for any AZ flight and is actually transferable (you can make a reservation for anyone you name). You have to call in, though, to redeem.

Sounds like this was a low cost way to compensate us. I would rather have had FF miles with my DL account if I knew that could even be an option (don't know if it was) and knew I couldn't use the voucher to book a domestic flight using a codeshare.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Sounds like this was a low cost way to compensate us. I would rather have had FF miles with my DL account if I knew that could even be an option (don't know if it was) and knew I couldn't use the voucher to book a domestic flight using a codeshare.
Airlines can easily give miles in the frequent flyer programme that they use themselves.

They cannot as easily arrange for you to receive miles in any other programme.

I have never heard of any airline ever offering compensation in the form of miles in a programme other than their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.