Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:23 pm

Wanted to ask the experts ie my pretty tight connection from LHR-FCO-TUN (50 mins) next week and I’m pretty certain I’ll have to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 (carry on only so no worries with luggage). Unfortunately I’ll be on two separate AZ tickets and the TUN flight is the last one of the day (land at FCO from LHR at 1555 and TUN flight departs at 1645). Is it much of an issue going from T1 to T3 non-Schengen (I don’t have to clear customs/immigration/do security again, do I?) or should I just bite the bullet and plan on staying at FCO for the night and getting the first flight out in the am the following day (will be buying the tickets in the next couple of days)? Many thanks for your help - haven’t been to FCO in years...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:38 am

T3–T3 (or gate E to gate E) connection hence perfectly doable (in normal circumstances) even with a slight delay coming from LHR but clearly the issue here is that you’ll be travelling on 2 separate tickets, not to mention that the 4:55PM LHR-FCO flight is particularly prone to delays due to the relatively short turnaround at LHR and the usual congestion issues at Heathrow.

G
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:27 pm

Hello everyone! I will be flying on a sunday from Amman to Brussels via Rome. I’ll have about 90 minutes to make my connection to Brussels, will this be enough? Kind regards!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by LMeleman
Hello everyone! I will be flying on a sunday from Amman to Brussels via Rome. I’ll have about 90 minutes to make my connection to Brussels, will this be enough? Kind regards!
Plenty of time, nothing to worry about even with up to 45 minutes’ delay on arrival into Rome. Once off the plane, follow B/C, go through security, clear passports (eGates available if you have a EU/US or Canadian passport), your Brussels flight will most likely depart from a B gate.

G
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Lhr - fco - eze

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You’re most welcome. Gates E31-44 are indeed located within a separate pier and accessible via ‘air-link’ (very similar to the one at Birmingham), this is exactly where you need to go for the ‘good’ lounge.

Any changes to this in the last year?

Flying LHR - FCO - EZE all on AZ. 1:15 connection time.

LHR - FCO lands at the same "terminal/pier" as FCO - EZE?

(had hoped to try out that "good lounge" but not sure if time permits)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by skye1
Any changes to this in the last year?

Flying LHR - FCO - EZE all on AZ. 1:15 connection time.

LHR - FCO lands at the same "terminal/pier" as FCO - EZE?

(had hoped to try out that "good lounge" but not sure if time permits)
The good news is that there's a new (and nice) lounge in the main concourse (E) however chances are that your EZE flight will depart from the separate pier (E31-E44), in which case –as you say– you wouldn't have a great deal of time. The A321 operating the LHR-FCO flight will most likely dock at a gate in the main concourse hence you just need to hope for an on-time arrival and your EZE flight departing from one of the nearby gates so that you can have more time to enjoy the lounge. In any case, no security or passports so at least some peace of mind on that particular front.

G
skye1 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:31 pm

HKG-FCO-CTA, 60min connecting time?

Hello all,
Thanks so much for the useful information in this forum!
My question is the connecting time for the itinerary below:
HKG-FCO: CX293, arriving 7:50am on Easter Friday.
FCO-CTA: AZ1731, departing 9:00am
There's only 60 mins connecting time and I have checked luggage. It's all on one PNR.
Is the time enough for transit?
Thanks a lot!!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:37 pm

Hello all,
Is 70 mins connecting time for the below itinerary enough:
HKG-FCO: CX293, arriving 7:50 am on Easter Friday.
I have check luggage and the tickets are on one PNR. I'm not EU passport holder.
Thanks a lot!!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by joannewei
Hello all,
Is 70 mins connecting time for the below itinerary enough:
HKG-FCO: CX293, arriving 7:50 am on Easter Friday.
I have check luggage and the tickets are on one PNR. I'm not EU passport holder.
Thanks a lot!!
Welcome to FT.

Easy transfer from E to B via security and passports (likely to get very busy at that time in the morning plus it's peak weekend), all-in-all you should be absolutely fine (assuming no major delays).

G
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The good news is that there's a new (and nice) lounge in the main concourse (E) however chances are that your EZE flight will depart from the separate pier (E31-E44), in which case –as you say– you wouldn't have a great deal of time. The A321 operating the LHR-FCO flight will most likely dock at a gate in the main concourse hence you just need to hope for an on-time arrival and your EZE flight departing from one of the nearby gates so that you can have more time to enjoy the lounge. In any case, no security or passports so at least some peace of mind on that particular front.

G
Thank you so much for this informative, and helpful, reply! I'll keep that all in mind.
I do have a much longer layover/connection time on the return (going EZE - FCO - LHR) so if it doesn't work on the outbound, I'll enjoy it then.
Thanks again!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA
Hello experts,

Do you think that 120 mins sufficient to make a connection at FCO on separate PNR reservations?

Arrival on Aer Lingus EI 406 from DUB at 8.05p
Departure on RyanAir FR1170 to CTA at 10.10p
Both flights are T3.

Non-EU passport.
Check-in bags.

It's the last flight of the day, so it's a little painful if we miss it.

Thanks for your insights!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:38 am

Everything will be OK (plenty of time), provided you land at FCO on time.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:57 am

Hi experts,

Could I please have assistance with the below itinerary:

TGD - FCO - AZ559 - departure 12:05 arrival 13:25
connecting to
FCO - LHR - AZ204 - departure 14:10 arrival 16:00

I am aware that the layover time of 45 mins is the minimum allowable by AZ at FCO. I will be arriving in Terminal 3 at FCO and departing from Terminal 1. I will look to check my baggage right through to London from Podgorica. I have a non EU passport.

A) Is this achievable?
B) What steps can I take to make this as smooth process?

Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Hamish Brown
Hi experts,

Could I please have assistance with the below itinerary:

TGD - FCO - AZ559 - departure 12:05 arrival 13:25
connecting to
FCO - LHR - AZ204 - departure 14:10 arrival 16:00

I am aware that the layover time of 45 mins is the minimum allowable by AZ at FCO. I will be arriving in Terminal 3 at FCO and departing from Terminal 1. I will look to check my baggage right through to London from Podgorica. I have a non EU passport.

A) Is this achievable?
B) What steps can I take to make this as smooth process?

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to FlyerTalk and indeed good to see you here.

Alitalia would normally refer to terminals merely for check-in purposes (i.e. the physical location of the check-in desks) hence you can easily ignore that bit. Your connection, provided all on-time, is perfectly doable, even though I'm afraid the Embraer operating the Podgorica-Rome flight will park at a remote stand, meaning bus transfer to the terminal. Worry not as there's no extra security nor passports involved (non-Schengen to non-Schengen) so straight to the next gate (follow E once off the bus).

Any doubts, let us know.

G
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:04 pm

Looking for advice before I finalize my travel. Here is my situation:

> US Passport holder
> Carry on bags only
> Flying UA42 from IAD to FCO. Arriving on 810am on a Saturday in May.
> Looking to book FCO to PSA on a separate ticket with AlItalia departing at 950am.

Do I have any chance of making this flight? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.