Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes, will be arriving around 20.20 and I saw that the next flight to LIN leaves at 21.00.

Cheers!
Assuming you're booked under one single PNR (for your own peace-of-mind and so that, in case, you could be put on to the next service at 10PM, even though the latter is normally operated by E70 and it could get busy), you should be absolutely fine. The usual hit&miss with getting a gate upon arrival means that you could be arriving at a remote stand and that you will basically reach the new gate when your next flight will be in the process of starting boarding. The good thing is that, once off the bus in T1, you will not have to clear security and the walk to one of the B gates (where the flight in question normally departs from) will take not even 5 minutes from the moment you step on to the escalator at the arrivals/ground floor in T1.

G
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes, will be arriving around 20.20 and I saw that the next flight to LIN leaves at 21.00.
Just about doable (due to bussing) when no delays. But keep in mind that late evening flights within Europe are often delayed (this is independent of the airline!), even if "only" by 30 minutes. In your case, you'd miss your connection but since AZ would have sold you the (single) ticket, they'd book you on the last flight. Of course, if the flights are on different tickets I would't risk it.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thanks for the responses. I will try and change it than when I am MAD. Yes all segments are under one PNR and as you mentioned, I should be protected onto the last flight. I would rather do a quick sprint at FCO rather than arrive close to midnight @ LIN and still get transportation to the hotel.

Will see how it works out.

Cheers!

Post update: Just to update, I did this over the weekend and I am happy to say that I made it and managed to get on the earlier flight, however it was most probably due to luck. Arrived 5 mins earlier into FCO, however as usual a bus gate, so got to the terminal at 20.25. Luckily there was a transfer desk with an agent free. Went up to the agent immediately and she managed to get both of us at T-29 mins to departure time on the earlier flight.

Just a side note: AZ handling agents at MAD are the most useless agents I have ever encountered - their comprehension of simple English was beyond unbelievable - did not even understand that I wanted a real boarding pass for the flight to FCO at the gate (they kept telling me they can't print boarding pass at the gate - how is this possible?). I had earlier arrived from AMS with KLM, and tried with Air Europa, however the useless Air Europa agents could not help at all (totally not the seamless travel as advertised by Skyteam) in helping to get my AZ boarding pass (I did luckily print it earlier, but would have preferred a real one) nor help in anything, the same goes for the AZ handling agents at the gate, they could not even understand when I inquired about getting on the earlier flight @ FCO - looking at me with a blank face even though they did manage to find my itinerary on the computer.

Last edited by nldogbert; Apr 3, 2016 at 2:05 pm
Old May 24, 2016, 1:25 pm

I have a 45 minute connection in FCO. Can someone give me their thoughts on if I will make it?

Arriving UA 970 from Newark at 10:30am
Departing from FCO on Croatia Airlines 385 to Dubrovnik at 11:15am
Old May 24, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by artell
I have a 45 minute connection in FCO. Can someone give me their thoughts on if I will make it?

Arriving UA 970 from Newark at 10:30am
Departing from FCO on Croatia Airlines 385 to Dubrovnik at 11:15am
You will be arriving at T3 and departing from T3 so, provided there are no delays and you are booked under one single PNR, you should be absolutely fine.

G
Old May 24, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You will be arriving at T3 and departing from T3 so, provided there are no delays and you are booked under one single PNR, you should be absolutely fine.

G

Great, thank you. Last question. Will I have to go through passport control at FCO if I am just connecting through to my DBV flight? That could take a while if the lines are long.

Last edited by artell; May 24, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Old May 25, 2016, 9:32 am

Great, thank you. Last question. Will I have to go through passport control at FCO if I am just connecting through to my DBV flight? That could take a while if the lines are long.
They're both extra-Schengen flights, you shouldn't have to.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
You have only to pass the security check. On the left hand of the hall is a fast track line, for departures within the next 45 minutes.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by SkyWorld
They're both extra-Schengen flights, you shouldn't have to.
Absolutely wrong answer:

Schengen - Schengen: no passport/immigration control
Extra Schengen - Extra Schengen: no passport/immigration control
Extra Schengen - Schengen or vice-versa: yes, passport/immigration control
Old May 27, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Absolutely wrong answer:

Schengen - Schengen: no passport/immigration control
Extra Schengen - Extra Schengen: no passport/immigration control
Extra Schengen - Schengen or vice-versa: yes, passport/immigration control
Newark and Dubrovnik are both are out of the Schengen Area, hence extra-Schengen. What part of my answer differs from your description of "Extra Schengen - Extra Schengen: no passport/immigration control" ?
Old May 27, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by SkyWorld
Newark and Dubrovnik are both are out of the Schengen Area, hence extra-Schengen. What part of my answer differs from your description of "Extra Schengen - Extra Schengen: no passport/immigration control" ?
artell asked: Last question. Will I have to go through passport control at FCO if I am just connecting through to my DBV flight?

SkyWorld answered: They're both extra-Schengen flights, you shouldn't have to.

Well, I read you should have to instead of you shouldn't have to. What can I say to my excuse, too much ouzo before I posted? Too relaxed from my vacation? Or, as the French say, un savant mélange des deux! Honest apologies!

Last edited by KLouis; May 27, 2016 at 10:47 am Reason: corrected typos
Old May 29, 2016, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
artell asked: Last question. Will I have to go through passport control at FCO if I am just connecting through to my DBV flight?

SkyWorld answered: They're both extra-Schengen flights, you shouldn't have to.

Well, I read you should have to instead of you shouldn't have to. What can I say to my excuse, too much ouzo before I posted? Too relaxed from my vacation? Or, as the French say, un savant mélange des deux! Honest apologies!
No problem. Glad to hear you hit a superior state of relaxation.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:47 am

I have a T1/T1 connection of 75 minutes, in from ATH, out to AOI all on one PNR.

I have a Priority Pass card that gives me access to the Avia and the I Mosaici lounges. Would I have time to pop into either of these for a drink? Which one is better?

The next flight to AOI after mine is 5 hours later - would I have time to go into Rome if I miss my connection?

Edit: First time flying with Alitalia, please excuse the questions!
Old May 31, 2016, 11:30 am

75 minutes for a T1-T1 connection should give you plenty of time, even if you are bussed to the terminal, MCT is 45 minutes so you have 30 extra, and you don't need to go through either immigration nor security.

Unless they have changed since 2014 (and the pictures on the Priority Pass website suggests they did not), both are nothing exciting to write home about, I think the Avia is a bit better.

The express train to the city takes 30 minutes, I would say it is doable but will be very tight.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:17 pm

Hello, shadowline.

As Ditto rightly says, a 75-minute connection T1-T1 would give you enough time to get a few drinks and some food in the lounge at T1 (the other one is located in T3). About hitting Rome: you could do that, yes.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.