Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Old Mar 3, 18, 1:13 am

Good morning All,

New member, just signed up. Thank you for this thread, very useful. My question is mainly about the delay at passport control (and security) during transit.

Travel in May.
AZ815 TLV FCO arrive 12:10.
Stopover 1h 20min.
AZ1475 FCO VCE depart 13:30. (It was scheduled to depart at 14:30 back in November when I bought the tickets - I chose this itinerary specifically for the very convenient 2h 20min transfer time - but then it got rescheduled in December; cheapest tickets, no change or refund possible, so I cannot switch to a better plan now.)

The good:
All flights on one ticket. Baggage to be checked through from TLV to VCE. If I remember correctly, both flights use the same terminal. According to a few posts in this thread, noon is not a peak hour at passport control.

The bad:
We do not have a European passport. Will have to crawl through the slow line at passport control.

So, how long are we going to be held up at passport control (and security)? What are the chances for the hold-up to be long enough to make us miss the second flight (assuming the first flight lands on time)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 3, 18, 2:29 am

Hi and welcome to FT, @newbyflyer.

Assuming all on time (but even with a minor delay), you will no doubt make your connection. Since the opening of the new pier (E), long queues at passports together with ‘messy’ transfers (G/H—B/C/D) are mostly thing of the past, I’m sure you will enjoy your connection and please do let us know should any doubts arise in the meantime.

G
Old Mar 3, 18, 3:58 am

Thank you for the welcome and your reassuring reply, I am going to sleep better now.

*** Edited to add a follow-up question:
The second flight (AZ1475 FCO VCE) departs from Terminal 1. I am not sure about the arrival terminal for the first flight (AZ815 TLV FCO) - tried to look it up with no success. Does anybody know? (All I could find is AZ departures to TLV are from T3.)

Thanks!

Last edited by FlyerTLV; Mar 3, 18 at 9:40 am
Old Mar 4, 18, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by newbyflyer View Post
The second flight (AZ1475 FCO VCE) departs from Terminal 1. I am not sure about the arrival terminal for the first flight (AZ815 TLV FCO) - tried to look it up with no success. Does anybody know? (All I could find is AZ departures to TLV are from T3.)
AZ refers to T1 merely for check-in purposes hence ignore any confusion which may arise from arrival/departure terminals as such and just go for the gates: B (rarely C) for the domestic flight(s) (i.e. FCO-VCE VCE-FCO) and E for TLV services. Connections are extremely easy these days, <10 minutes from B5 to E14 was my walking time on my way to LHR the other day.

G
Old Mar 4, 18, 10:37 am

Thank you very much AliC!
Old Mar 19, 18, 8:03 pm

1:15 Connection JFK->FCO->TLV

AZ 603 Arrives FCO from JFK at 8:20am
AZ 806 Departs FCO to TLV at 9:35am

New to this route- one PNR- since I won't be entering the EU at all on this itinerary, will this 1:15 connection be "better" than an EU connection, i.e. quicker, and not too risky?
Old Mar 20, 18, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by latke View Post
AZ 603 Arrives FCO from JFK at 8:20am
AZ 806 Departs FCO to TLV at 9:35am

New to this route- one PNR- since I won't be entering the EU at all on this itinerary, will this 1:15 connection be "better" than an EU connection, i.e. quicker, and not too risky?
An easy one by all means, your flight(s) will arrive and depart to/from the new concourse (E).

Safe travels,

G
Old Mar 20, 18, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post

An easy one by all means, your flight(s) will arrive and depart to/from the new concourse (E).

Safe travels,

G
Great- thanks! Google was showing different terminals.
Old Apr 14, 18, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Hey Flyertalk helpers! Here is what I'm looking at:

Saturday 5/12
CLT - FCO Arrives 9:45 AM on AA
FCO - TLV Departs 11:40 AM on RyanAir

No bags. US passport.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Apr 14, 18, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by otptravels View Post
Hey Flyertalk helpers! Here is what I'm looking at:

Saturday 5/12
CLT - FCO Arrives 9:45 AM on AA
FCO - TLV Departs 11:40 AM on RyanAir

No bags. US passport.

Thanks in advance!!
Are you sure itís Ryanair to Tel Aviv? I wasnít aware of FR operating FCO-TLV to be perfectly honest! In any case: that should be perfectly fine, assuming no major delays. You will be staying in the non-Schengen side of the airport, which will no doubt make your connection a bit more stress-free.

G
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Are you sure itís Ryanair to Tel Aviv? I wasnít aware of FR operating FCO-TLV to be perfectly honest! In any case: that should be perfectly fine, assuming no major delays. You will be staying in the non-Schengen side of the airport, which will no doubt make your connection a bit more stress-free.

G
Yep it looks like 6 days a week they fly direct. And thanks for the advice. I'll risk it.
Old Apr 16, 18, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by otptravels View Post
Yep it looks like 6 days a week they fly direct. And thanks for the advice. I'll risk it.
Well, the flight has a 65% on-time performance; today it is indicated as having a delay of more than 2 and a half hours. 25% of those are between very late and excessive. Do you really want to risk it?
Old Apr 17, 18, 2:52 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
wouldn't risk it, not with <2h before a Ryanair flight.

Remember you have to enter Schengen and recheck any baggage, unless travelling with hand luggage only.

I would take at least 4 hours, if not more, in such a case.
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
wouldn't risk it, not with <2h before a Ryanair flight.

Remember you have to enter Schengen and recheck any baggage, unless travelling with hand luggage only.

I would take at least 4 hours, if not more, in such a case.
Agreed however TLV is non-Schengen.

G
Old Apr 17, 18, 5:24 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Agreed however TLV is non-Schengen.

G
TLV might be non-schengen, but to reach baggage claim and FR check-in, you need to enter Italy.

edit: I see now, no bags.
Could work. I'd still not go for <2h

Search this Thread