Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

MCT / minimum connect time @ FCO / Rome Fiumicino

Reply

Old Mar 3, 18, 1:13 am
  #181  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 65
Good morning All,

New member, just signed up. Thank you for this thread, very useful. My question is mainly about the delay at passport control (and security) during transit.

Travel in May.
AZ815 TLV FCO arrive 12:10.
Stopover 1h 20min.
AZ1475 FCO VCE depart 13:30. (It was scheduled to depart at 14:30 back in November when I bought the tickets - I chose this itinerary specifically for the very convenient 2h 20min transfer time - but then it got rescheduled in December; cheapest tickets, no change or refund possible, so I cannot switch to a better plan now.)

The good:
All flights on one ticket. Baggage to be checked through from TLV to VCE. If I remember correctly, both flights use the same terminal. According to a few posts in this thread, noon is not a peak hour at passport control.

The bad:
We do not have a European passport. Will have to crawl through the slow line at passport control.

So, how long are we going to be held up at passport control (and security)? What are the chances for the hold-up to be long enough to make us miss the second flight (assuming the first flight lands on time)?

Thanks in advance!
FlyerTLV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 18, 2:29 am
  #182  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,732
Hi and welcome to FT, @newbyflyer.

Assuming all on time (but even with a minor delay), you will no doubt make your connection. Since the opening of the new pier (E), long queues at passports together with ‘messy’ transfers (G/H—B/C/D) are mostly thing of the past, I’m sure you will enjoy your connection and please do let us know should any doubts arise in the meantime.

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 18, 3:58 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 65
Thank you for the welcome and your reassuring reply, I am going to sleep better now.

*** Edited to add a follow-up question:
The second flight (AZ1475 FCO VCE) departs from Terminal 1. I am not sure about the arrival terminal for the first flight (AZ815 TLV FCO) - tried to look it up with no success. Does anybody know? (All I could find is AZ departures to TLV are from T3.)

Thanks!

Last edited by FlyerTLV; Mar 3, 18 at 9:40 am
FlyerTLV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 18, 2:54 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,732
Originally Posted by newbyflyer View Post
The second flight (AZ1475 FCO VCE) departs from Terminal 1. I am not sure about the arrival terminal for the first flight (AZ815 TLV FCO) - tried to look it up with no success. Does anybody know? (All I could find is AZ departures to TLV are from T3.)
AZ refers to T1 merely for check-in purposes hence ignore any confusion which may arise from arrival/departure terminals as such and just go for the gates: B (rarely C) for the domestic flight(s) (i.e. FCO-VCE VCE-FCO) and E for TLV services. Connections are extremely easy these days, <10 minutes from B5 to E14 was my walking time on my way to LHR the other day.

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 18, 10:37 am
  #185  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 65
Thank you very much AliC!
FlyerTLV is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 18, 8:03 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 28
1:15 Connection JFK->FCO->TLV

AZ 603 Arrives FCO from JFK at 8:20am
AZ 806 Departs FCO to TLV at 9:35am

New to this route- one PNR- since I won't be entering the EU at all on this itinerary, will this 1:15 connection be "better" than an EU connection, i.e. quicker, and not too risky?
latke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 18, 4:43 am
  #187  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,732
Originally Posted by latke View Post
AZ 603 Arrives FCO from JFK at 8:20am
AZ 806 Departs FCO to TLV at 9:35am

New to this route- one PNR- since I won't be entering the EU at all on this itinerary, will this 1:15 connection be "better" than an EU connection, i.e. quicker, and not too risky?
An easy one by all means, your flight(s) will arrive and depart to/from the new concourse (E).

Safe travels,

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 18, 9:47 am
  #188  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post


An easy one by all means, your flight(s) will arrive and depart to/from the new concourse (E).

Safe travels,

G
Great- thanks! Google was showing different terminals.
latke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 18, 6:58 pm
  #189  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 128
Hey Flyertalk helpers! Here is what I'm looking at:

Saturday 5/12
CLT - FCO Arrives 9:45 AM on AA
FCO - TLV Departs 11:40 AM on RyanAir

No bags. US passport.

Thanks in advance!!
otptravels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 18, 11:35 pm
  #190  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,732
Originally Posted by otptravels View Post
Hey Flyertalk helpers! Here is what I'm looking at:

Saturday 5/12
CLT - FCO Arrives 9:45 AM on AA
FCO - TLV Departs 11:40 AM on RyanAir

No bags. US passport.

Thanks in advance!!
Are you sure itís Ryanair to Tel Aviv? I wasnít aware of FR operating FCO-TLV to be perfectly honest! In any case: that should be perfectly fine, assuming no major delays. You will be staying in the non-Schengen side of the airport, which will no doubt make your connection a bit more stress-free.

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:17 pm
  #191  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ORD
Programs: UA MM PG, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 128
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post


Are you sure itís Ryanair to Tel Aviv? I wasnít aware of FR operating FCO-TLV to be perfectly honest! In any case: that should be perfectly fine, assuming no major delays. You will be staying in the non-Schengen side of the airport, which will no doubt make your connection a bit more stress-free.

G
Yep it looks like 6 days a week they fly direct. And thanks for the advice. I'll risk it.
otptravels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 18, 1:40 am
  #192  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,286
Originally Posted by otptravels View Post
Yep it looks like 6 days a week they fly direct. And thanks for the advice. I'll risk it.
Well, the flight has a 65% on-time performance; today it is indicated as having a delay of more than 2 and a half hours. 25% of those are between very late and excessive. Do you really want to risk it?
KLouis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 18, 2:52 am
  #193  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 1,957
wouldn't risk it, not with <2h before a Ryanair flight.

Remember you have to enter Schengen and recheck any baggage, unless travelling with hand luggage only.

I would take at least 4 hours, if not more, in such a case.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:55 am
  #194  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,732
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
wouldn't risk it, not with <2h before a Ryanair flight.

Remember you have to enter Schengen and recheck any baggage, unless travelling with hand luggage only.

I would take at least 4 hours, if not more, in such a case.
Agreed however TLV is non-Schengen.

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 18, 5:24 am
  #195  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 1,957
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Agreed however TLV is non-Schengen.

G
TLV might be non-schengen, but to reach baggage claim and FR check-in, you need to enter Italy.

edit: I see now, no bags.
Could work. I'd still not go for <2h
Fabo.sk is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread