Ryanalia?

Old Aug 28, 12, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Ryanalia?

Alitalia is testing lowcost-like fares - I mean, not including bags to check in - on selected routes.
Any thought?

As a customer, at first glance it only makes sense if they want to get rid of AirOne. And the latter may be ok.

Last edited by Alice11; Aug 28, 12 at 12:48 pm
Old Aug 28, 12, 2:01 pm

It has to be said that this is only going to be implemented on a couple of domestic routes and that (at least according to what I've heard) it will not affect passengers holding [Sky Team] status.
Old Aug 28, 12, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

According to the AZ Facebook team:
VCE - NAP
SUF-TRN
SUF-BLQ
BLQ-BRI
on O, L and W.
Old Aug 28, 12, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by Alice11 View Post
Alitalia is testing lowcost-like fares - I mean, not including bags to check in - on selected routes.
Any thought?

As a customer, at first glance it only makes sense if they want to get rid of AirOne. And the latter may be ok.
I'd say they're shameless
Old Aug 28, 12, 2:41 pm

Alitalia faces a fierce competition on the domestic front (mainly from FR & U2) and they're now a step closer of doing the big mistake of going at the very same level as the above mentioned airlines.
Old Aug 28, 12, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Ok... what I don't understand is why Alitalia is doing that. I mean, this fare model is already implemented at AirOne and, for instance, one of the AirOne bases is VCE. So if they want to run the low-profits routes with a low-cost model, they can leverage AirOne and 'save' the Alitalia brand. Or, they can get rid or AirOne and then offer basic fares with basic services on domestic / short european routes.
True that can be a mistake but it is common to other non-low cost airlines. Furthermore, I'm afraid this sort of offer by U2 & FR is setting the benchmark on the short / mid-range. I wouldn't be surprised if the pax would accept it.
Old Aug 28, 12, 4:03 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
It's too confusing for client. Most OTAs don't even show the booking class nor allow choosing it when buying. With FR&U2 at least we know what we are buying (and they don't have the same employee issues like AZ). If we have to pay the extra fees & higher base fares than when flying with U2, what added value AZ provides to customers?

If implemented, it should be done using Vueling-like concept. When buying IB-coded flight, ticket has normal IB conditions like no luggage-fees, no debit-card fees etc. On the other hand, when sold as Vueling flight, the ticket comes with Ryanair-style conditions. Besides, Air One as brand doesn't suffer from the AZ legacy...
Old Aug 29, 12, 2:07 am

Load of rubbish. What are they thinking??? That would really be the last straw. I hope they give up immediately. If they want to have low-cost routes, they can turn them over to Air One. Triple thumbs-down...
Old Aug 29, 12, 3:51 pm

Programs: AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+), BA Silver
Idiocy. Too complex, they'll have a cartload of complaints and are unable to deal with them.
Old Aug 31, 12, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Surely "Italyanair" would have been a better thread title than "Ryanalia"?
Old Aug 31, 12, 5:03 am

Italian Air could be any airline, whereas Ryan-alia makes a clear reference to FR and AZ. Although, alia could be any italian airline as well......

Search this Thread
Search Engine: