FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alitalia | MilleMiglia (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia-635/)
-   -   What is F class on Alitalia? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alitalia-millemiglia/1380917-what-f-class-alitalia.html)

18sas Aug 25, 12 12:02 pm

What is F class on Alitalia?
 
Anyone have an idea about what F class is? I flew in Magnifica class, so somehow it's a business class bucket, but I can't find any evidence other than my boarding pass that it exists.

Is it an award bucket perhaps?

terminalfive Aug 25, 12 12:03 pm

What is F class on Alitalia?
 
Z is award business on AZ

18sas Aug 25, 12 12:12 pm

OK. Good to know. So what is this mysterious F then?

I'm currently having to jump through hoops now with DL, because my boarding passes say F, and they don't know what it is, and I'm not being given credit for it.

ulxima Aug 25, 12 3:12 pm


Originally Posted by 18sas (Post 19192002)
Anyone have an idea about what F class is? I flew in Magnifica class, so somehow it's a business class bucket, but I can't find any evidence other than my boarding pass that it exists.

Maybe it was E and the printer did not work properly...

Ciao
Ulxima

18sas Aug 25, 12 3:22 pm


Originally Posted by ulxima (Post 19192907)
Maybe it was E and the printer did not work properly...

Ciao
Ulxima

Yes, I thought of that too. But my outbound boarding pass was printed at the airport, and I did online check-in for my inbound flight and printed at the hotel, and both clearly say F.

Incidentally, DL told me that E wouldn't count either since it's not on their charts as a business class fare. And some E tickets can be $6,000-$7,000!

ulxima Aug 25, 12 4:11 pm


Originally Posted by 18sas (Post 19192952)
DL told me that E wouldn't count either since it's not on their charts as a business class fare.

It seems so, according to SkyMiles page.
Horrible!
:td:

raistlin Aug 25, 12 7:42 pm


Originally Posted by 18sas (Post 19192952)
Yes, I thought of that too. But my outbound boarding pass was printed at the airport, and I did online check-in for my inbound flight and printed at the airport, and both clearly say F.

Incidentally, DL told me that E wouldn't count either since it's not on their charts as a business class fare. And some E tickets can be $6,000-$7,000!

F is indeed a business class bucket with AZ.

18sas Aug 25, 12 8:05 pm


Originally Posted by raistlin (Post 19193955)
F is indeed a business class bucket with AZ.

OK. Thanks. Why doesn't it show up in booking tools, ExpertFlyer, Apollo, Galileo, etc? Even the DL agents couldn't see it.

I checked the historical fares for my flight, which was MIA-BRU, and there is no fare code beginning with an F.

The fare basis for what the ticket I purchased is IP64US, which according to every source that I can find books into I class. So why do my boarding passes say F?

Anyone have any idea? Anyone had this happen?


Edited to add: Also, F class doesn't even show up on this page => http://www.alitalia.com/GB_EN/millem.../alitalia.aspx

MileSmiles Aug 26, 12 12:00 am

My guess is that Alitalia airport check in system is so old it cannot handle the 3 current classes of service . I have flown in Magnificat and BP shows F, and when flown in Classica plus BP shows C. Not sure if AZ ever had F/C/Y in their planes and it's now use on the C/Y+/Y?. Just my guess

bungler Aug 26, 12 2:18 am

Agree with the above; boarding pass doesn't show fare class but rather the code for the class of travel, and if milesmiles is correct, the code is Y=economy C=Classica Plus F=Magnifica. Better would be W for Classica plus and J for Magnifica, but oh well...

terminalfive Aug 26, 12 2:35 am

What is F class on Alitalia?
 
Long haul Business has always shown J on my BP
Short haul shows C

18sas Aug 26, 12 5:45 am

Thanks for the responses.

My short haul BPs say C. So I got credit for them. Yippee!
The long haul BPs are F.

Now I just have to figure out how to make Delta understand AZs process.

There seems to be a general lack of communication or understanding between the two.

raistlin Aug 26, 12 6:26 am


Originally Posted by bungler (Post 19194972)
Agree with the above; boarding pass doesn't show fare class but rather the code for the class of travel, and if milesmiles is correct, the code is Y=economy C=Classica Plus F=Magnifica. Better would be W for Classica plus and J for Magnifica, but oh well...

Disagree, my Magnifica BP show J. Never travelled in classica plus so I wouldn't know.

18sas Aug 26, 12 11:34 am

So the upshot is that Alitalia's boarding passes don't really show booking class, just some code that shows what cabin you're in?

orbitmic Aug 26, 12 12:49 pm

My recent Magnifica from JFK to FCO (paid ticket, booking class I) showed F too on the boarding card. i thought it might be a way to differentiate the new Magnifica (with new seats)?

Short haul business class 'Ottima' always says C so I'd be surprised if the same was used for C+.

And no, indeed, AZ boarding cards always show service class, not booking class. Your booking class will show on your eticket receipt.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:55 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.