Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going round in circles...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Going round in circles...

I'll cut a long story short. Booked a six segment return trip in J including both AZ metal and DL codeshare, all confirmed on the right flights and in the right class on screen and in email confirmation. Then eticket was issued a few hours later with only 4 segments (two purely missing!). Called AZ, after a long explaination the lady said she would reinstate the two missing flights. She did, but in Y. Ever since, I have been calling AZ, who every time tell me that there is no problem and they will sort it out. After a few calls and someone telling me they had problem with inventory now, I said I wouldn't mind being rerouted if it is easier (when I booked there were tons of different routings available at the same fare), person said it was a good idea would ask a supervisor and called the same day. Since then, I have called at least a dozen time, told not to worry and that everything would be sorted out as many times, told I would be called back at least half of those time (and obviously never was). Went to the airport in France but AF handle their operations including reservation desks and... don't have access to the AZ files (they can view them but not change them), tried in Brussels but again was told that since supervisor authorisation had been requested (and neither given nor declined for about 4 weeks now) they wanted me to deal with the phone team. Flight was booked in May, is now taking place in less than a week and I'm starting to feel very frustrated about the reservation side of AZ. Has anyone got a bright suggestion of something I haven't tried apart from calling the AZ Italy office and trying airports? Thanks!!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:48 am

Can we have segment details? Were they all AZ flight numbers? You booked from the Alitalia website, and then on the confirmation page some flights were missing? At the purchase page the flights were still listed? The price looked normal for the routing?

This sounds quite strange, and I would have thought the airport ticketing office could have helped you... there's nothing else to do except phone again and again, maybe also try posting on the Facebook page with precise details to raise awareness (the Alitalia page admin are able to contact people higher up in the airline).

EDIT: If the flights are listed in the e-mail confirmation, surely you could have just gone to the airport on the day of your flight with the e-mail proving you bought the tickets? Then they would be obliged to let you on the flight. I don't understand what you mean when you say that the "e-ticket issued 4 hours later had flights missing". If you received a correct e-mail confirmation then your flights should be listed correctly if you check the following link, and in that case you have no problems:

https://mm.alitalia.com/IT_IT/booking/apvsearch.aspx

If you lost the Reservation code you can try using flight number and date here:

https://mm.alitalia.com/GB_EN/booking/apvsearch.aspx

Last edited by bungler; Jun 30, 2012 at 2:08 am
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bungler
Can we have segment details? Were they all AZ flight numbers? You booked from the Alitalia website, and then on the confirmation page some flights were missing? At the purchase page the flights were still listed? The price looked normal for the routing?

This sounds quite strange, and I would have thought the airport ticketing office could have helped you... there's nothing else to do except phone again and again, maybe also try posting on the Facebook page with precise details to raise awareness (the Alitalia page admin are able to contact people higher up in the airline).

EDIT: If the flights are listed in the e-mail confirmation, surely you could have just gone to the airport on the day of your flight with the e-mail proving you bought the tickets? Then they would be obliged to let you on the flight. I don't understand what you mean when you say that the "e-ticket issued 4 hours later had flights missing". If you received a correct e-mail confirmation then your flights should be listed correctly if you check the following link, and in that case you have no problems:

https://mm.alitalia.com/IT_IT/booking/apvsearch.aspx

If you lost the Reservation code you can try using flight number and date here:

https://mm.alitalia.com/GB_EN/booking/apvsearch.aspx
Thanks bungler. Itinerary is NCE-FCO-JFK-ORD and back, all with AZ flight numbers (metal wise, the itinerary is AZ-DL-DL-DL-AZ-AZ) in the original confirmation. The confirmation page as well as th email confirmation were both entirely correct, but it is when the e-ticket was edited that it 'forgot' two of the segments. Then when they reinstated them, they reinstated them both in Y, one with AZ flight number and one with DL flight number.

When I went to the airport offices (both in NCE and in BRU) I went with my email confirmation to prove what the confirmed itinerary was. Good idea re-facebook, I didn't think of it but it is probably more prone to getting a fast answer! Do you post publically or send them a message? You are right that I could probably go to the airport on the day and hope for the best but I would have hoped to have things confirmed before. Moreover, as my first flight is from NCE where all ops are handled by AF I fear they will give me the same answer about not being able to do anything on the AZ portions.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:32 am

I don't think it's possible to send a private message. You can post publically and within a day or so there should be an answer given as a comment to your post.

I hope the situation is resolved!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bungler
I don't think it's possible to send a private message. You can post publically and within a day or so there should be an answer given as a comment to your post.

I hope the situation is resolved!
OK, just tried. I'll post here if things are sorted out...
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Received an answer to my post asking for my reference number (you're right, no possibility to PM then, you have to post it publically and delete the post later). Now been told they sent an email to the department in charge and will get back to me asap. I just hope it will lead to something rather than lead to yet another deadend. Fingers crossed...
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:10 am

Facebook team is usually pretty good with these types of situations and relatively hassle free too!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italian7
Facebook team is usually pretty good with these types of situations and relatively hassle free too!
Thanks! I'll update everyone as soon as I hear back (or if I don't). Keep your fingers crossed for me! The phone people were always nice but neither very efficient (nothing got fixed and some didn't even propose anything) nor reliable (was told I'd be called back numerous times but never was) so I'm hoping Facebook will be more dependable.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks! I'll update everyone as soon as I hear back (or if I don't). Keep your fingers crossed for me! The phone people were always nice but neither very efficient (nothing got fixed and some didn't even propose anything) nor reliable (was told I'd be called back numerous times but never was) so I'm hoping Facebook will be more dependable.
Good luck. Your experience seems to mirror some of my past experiences with AZ cc, at least in the UK: apparently quite well-meaning and reassuring but fairly ineffectual and overly optimistic than everything will be "allright on the night."
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
Good luck. Your experience seems to mirror some of my past experiences with AZ cc, at least in the UK: apparently quite well-meaning and reassuring but fairly ineffectual and overly optimistic than everything will be "allright on the night."
Exactly. It is a shame because their in flight product is now very good (especially in J) and in fairness they are pretty good on unexpected problems on the day (e.g. reroutings in case of delays or cancellations) but it seems that the general administrative situation is way more fragile...
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:55 am
Original Poster

So mixed results so far. Yesterday, received a message from the AZ team who said that my reservation had been reinstated in business. Hurray, big thanks. Went to my reservation, the JFK-ORD has indeed been reinstated but not the ORD-JFK which still shows as economy. So I wrote back and they answered me that the ORD-JFK had always been confirmed in economy, which of course is not true and I proposed to forward them the original printout and the original email both of which showed business/first all the way. No answer so far. Departure in 24 hours (but all ok for outbound now) and return on Sunday...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.