Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Managing booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (Patinum), BA executive (Gold), M&M (senator), Emirates Skywards (nobody)
Managing booking

Hi guys - I have mada my firts booking on Alitalia, but cant figure out how to manage the booking and select seats on alitalia.com. Please help!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Shem76
Hi guys - I have mada my firts booking on Alitalia, but cant figure out how to manage the booking and select seats on alitalia.com. Please help!
Because you cannot. You need to call the airline.

Also, what type of flights are they? You can select seats only on domestic or intercontinental legs, not on medium haul.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 9:10 am

Impossible. If you'd like to change your ticket you must call the airline or visit a ticketing desk, and unless it is an intercontinental flight (in which case you could have booked seats at the moment of buying the ticket) then you probably may as well wait until online check-in to select your seats.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (Patinum), BA executive (Gold), M&M (senator), Emirates Skywards (nobody)
Many thanks for the info^, its a booking from ACC to FCO. A bit strange when used to booking with BA/KLM. I will have to wait for check-in to change seats.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Many thanks for the info^, its a booking from ACC to FCO. A bit strange when used to booking with BA/KLM. I will have to wait for check-in to change seats.
For ACC-FCO you should be able to prereserve seats by calling, if you wish.

Also, beware of the shameplane, when are you flying?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
LOL comparing AZ to BA for tech and ground support? Be kind to AZ, mate, that is a most unfair comparison...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin
For ACC-FCO you should be able to prereserve seats by calling, if you wish.

Also, beware of the shameplane, when are you flying?
Flying on the 16th Dec: what is the shameplane
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:12 pm

Flying on the 16th Dec: what is the shameplane
Not sure what he means by the shameplane, although you should note that the 767 which operates this route has no PTV's.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:42 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; it) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

And that specific 767 is - reportedly - in bad conditions in the coach cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.