Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4,280 miles for NY to Rome round-trip?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

4,280 miles for NY to Rome round-trip?

I just flew NY to Rome round trip, and I was credited for 4,280 MM miles on Alitalia. This seems a bit light. Was I only credited for one way??

If so, how do I best get credit for the other half?

(I used my Expedia ticketing invoice to get credited, and the Alitalia screen showed the entire round trip flight after I entered the number.)
Old Nov 26, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by 9extrafloors
I just flew NY to Rome round trip, and I was credited for 4,280 MM miles on Alitalia. This seems a bit light. Was I only credited for one way??

If so, how do I best get credit for the other half?

(I used my Expedia ticketing invoice to get credited, and the Alitalia screen showed the entire round trip flight after I entered the number.)
If you traveled in a discounted fare, you may be entitled only to 50% of the miles.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by raistlin
If you traveled in a discounted fare, you may be entitled only to 50% of the miles.
There is an overview of what percentage of miles flown is earned in which booking class at:
http://www.alitalia.com/GB_EN/millem.../alitalia.aspx

It looks like you flew in N, S, Q, L, X, W, O or G, which are discounted fares that earn only 50%. You should probably be able to see this booking class in your flight confirmation paperwork from Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.