Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Any trip report or review about A330 premium economy class?

Any trip report or review about A330 premium economy class?

Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Question Any trip report or review about A330 premium economy class?

I am considering to try the Alitalia new premium economy (Classica Plus) class service.

I read its website advertisement about this new service but still prefer to hear some real trip experiences about it.

Anyone saw or had this exeprence? Please share it with me. Thanks.

Some questions:

1. The seat width seems very narrow, only 17 inches, the same as economy class. Does it feel very uncomfortable?

2. Any difference of meal service between Y and Y+ ?

3. I will depart from LON to PEK via ROM, can I have 2 X 23kg-bag free check-in baggage allowance all the way?

Thanks again.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
1) Seat OK. Much better than Y and pretty similar to AF

2) No apart from pre take off drink and beauty case

3) If it is on the same ticket I believe so

One major advantage is 200% mileage with MM

Lavatories in Y which is annoying

Long flight on an A330 - at least an hour longer than flying 747 (not considering stop) so flying direct with BA or VS must be considered

What are your options?

PM me if you want - flown Classica + a couple of times but have decided that for US I want fares under 900 to consider flying in the future

BA have East Coast ex Italy Business / CW at 1400 again....
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Thank you!!

Thank you for terminalfive's reply!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:56 am

I flew from FCO - EWR in April in Classica Plus and I really enjoyed it. It is a very small cabin and much of it was empty when I traveled so that was a huge plus. The food service is no difference except, as mentioned, the pre-departure drink.

The seats were fairly comfortable and were way more comfortable than regular economy for me. Priority boarding is also nice too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.