Alitalia Bus

Old Oct 26, 12, 8:19 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by doublebzz View Post
Congratulations to Alitalia - the Alitalia Bus web site is now working. I received my tickets by email today (Sep 16th)
Fantastic! My congratulations to AZ for tremendous achievement! what a feat! Wow! ! Yippee!
Old Oct 26, 12, 8:28 am

Programs: AZ CFP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rathin100 View Post
Fantastic! My congratulations to AZ for tremendous achievement! what a feat! Wow! ! Yippee!
I am curious rathin... why do you just come here with disruptive posts?
Once agreed that you don't like Alitaila, why don't you move on?
Old Nov 22, 12, 1:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Hi guys,

during the Christmas holidays I am planning a VCE-IST trip, connecting in Rome. I am flying AZ1466 and then AZ702 on Jan 1.

Since this gives me a lot of time in FCO (from 11.30 to 21.35), I was thinking of checking in my luggage in VCE and going for a stroll in Rome. What do you think would be the bes option to reach the city?

Normally the Leonardo express train would seem more appealing, as it should be the fastest option. However, I am wondering whether maybe the train does not travel as frequently on an holiday (Jan 1st is usually one of few "special holidays", with more limited service than sundays). The bus furthermore is cheaper, and perhaps the traffic is not bad on such a holiday. Also the level of comfort plays a role, since I am traveling with my mother.

If anyone has some first-hand experience, I would appreciate their insight.

Also, no discount for SkyTeam E+ for the bus I suppose, right?
Old Nov 22, 12, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
What are the hours of operation of the bus service?

I've an upcoming arrival at FCO at 22:45, and after filling out the 2 screens to book a ticket, it gives me a message along the lines of "We cannot sell you a ticket".

EDIT: I've just seen on the az website: "Il servizio, offerto ai passeggeri Alitalia in collaborazione con la societą Alitransport, č disponibile dalle ore 05.20 alle ore 22.45."

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 22, 12 at 9:03 am
Old Nov 23, 12, 6:37 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
What are the hours of operation of the bus service?

I've an upcoming arrival at FCO at 22:45, and after filling out the 2 screens to book a ticket, it gives me a message along the lines of "We cannot sell you a ticket".

EDIT: I've just seen on the az website: "Il servizio, offerto ai passeggeri Alitalia in collaborazione con la societą Alitransport, č disponibile dalle ore 05.20 alle ore 22.45."
Terravision's last run departs FCO at 23:00.

But SITBus Shuttle has FCO departures at 23:00, 23:50 and 00:30.
Old Nov 27, 12, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Grazie!!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: