Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Alaska Coupon books?

Alaska Coupon books?

Old Sep 26, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Welcome to FT.

Most vendors can not afford to accept unlimited numbers of Toursaver coupons, which is understandable. Actually 3 years ago, a hotel in Seward told me when I checked in during my visit in May that they had already accepted all the 2-for-1 coupons for the season that they could.

Note too that if a vendor says "no" when you try to pre-book, you can always try again the day of a tour. If the tour is not full, it is very possible that they will accept the coupon after all since getting one paid fare is better than getting none.
Thanks for letting me know about this Alaska tour saver coupon book. I got on off e-bay for $30 and saved OVER $1500 on all of our tours.... Well Worth the Money....
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:26 pm

Coupon book for 2011?

Does anyone have the 2011 book yet? I haven't bought one yet but will probably get one later this summer since our trip is not until September. But, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the coupon code is for the Denali Princess Lodge. There is still availability to use the coupon now, but if I wait until I get a used book later, there might not be.

Anyone able to share this information for 2011?

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:34 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by traveld
Does anyone have the 2011 book yet? I haven't bought one yet but will probably get one later this summer since our trip is not until September. But, in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the coupon code is for the Denali Princess Lodge. There is still availability to use the coupon now, but if I wait until I get a used book later, there might not be.

Anyone able to share this information for 2011?

Thanks
Which book? There are two - Northern Lights (alaska-discounts.com) and Toursaver (toursaver.com). All offers from both are clearly stated online. Most companies don't require the book number of the Toursaver book in order to make a reservation (though a few do). So most likely you could make the reservation without having the book in hand. And there is a code for each book, but not for each coupon. And since each book has a unique code/book number, having someone share their book number won't help you unless you show up with their book in hand when you arrive.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by fti
Which book? There are two - Northern Lights (alaska-discounts.com) and Toursaver (toursaver.com). All offers from both are clearly stated online. Most companies don't require the book number of the Toursaver book in order to make a reservation (though a few do). So most likely you could make the reservation without having the book in hand. And there is a code for each book, but not for each coupon. And since each book has a unique code/book number, having someone share their book number won't help you unless you show up with their book in hand when you arrive.
Having never seen one of these books, not sure what number the reservation will need. I'm leaning towards Northern Lights. Since the entire book is not needed when using the coupon, just the coupon, I'm surmising that each coupon must have something like an offer code on the coupon. The Princess reservation desk told me that I need the code when I make the reservation in order to take advantage of the offer.

So, if anyone is able to assist with providing this number from the Northern Lights book, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:52 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, if anyone is able to assist with providing this number from the Northern Lights book, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.
You got the same answer on Trip Advisor. You should know, being on FT, that if you get the wrong answer, hang up and call again.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I'm surmising that each coupon must have something like an offer code on the coupon.
Can't speak to Princess, but the company I work for has a coupon in the Northern Lights book that doesn't have a particular code.

Of course, we're a smaller company, so when someone calls and asks about "the Northern Lights coupon," it's pretty obvious what they're referring to.

Agree with fti--call Princess back and try again.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:54 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
No selling

Folks,

We've deleted several posts from this thread from people offering to buy and sell coupon books from/to each other. The rules you agreed to when you registered here state that FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and that this type of posting is not allowed. Further posts of this nature will result in your accounts being suspended.

Thank you for your cooperation.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by fti
You got the same answer on Trip Advisor. You should know, being on FT, that if you get the wrong answer, hang up and call again.
Best advice on FT!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Just got back from Alaska using the Northern Lights discount book. I bought two books for a 4-person trip. Only a few pages were used. On one of the book, I used only two - major marine tours. But, the book paid for itself already. To me, basically, the book is useful for the museums, tour companies especially day cruises.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Does anyone have the '12 books? From postings in this thread years ago, is it still necessary to have the entire Toursaver book at the merchant?
I'm only looking for one coupon out of each book and would hate to have to lug the whole thing around.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:00 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Does anyone have the '12 books? From postings in this thread years ago, is it still necessary to have the entire Toursaver book at the merchant?
I'm only looking for one coupon out of each book and would hate to have to lug the whole thing around.
You need to carry the entire Toursaver book.

Which coupon do you need from Northern Lights? PM me with your andwer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.