FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-449/)
-   -   Alaska Coupon books? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska/904722-alaska-coupon-books.html)

mrnik2007 May 5, 2010 9:30 am

I am looking for a tourbook or other coupon book as well.

Quick question though - when you get the coupon book, can you still make reservations in advance? Or can you only use the coupon if you book it that day with that vendor?

Please email me if you have a book or know where I can get one:
[email protected]

THank you.!!

fti May 5, 2010 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mrnik2007 (Post 13903634)
I am looking for a tourbook or other coupon book as well.

Quick question though - when you get the coupon book, can you still make reservations in advance? Or can you only use the coupon if you book it that day with that vendor?

Please email me if you have a book or know where I can get one:
[email protected]

THank you.!!

You can usually make reservations without having the book in hand (some vendors require the book number from the Toursaver book). The Northern Lights book has no book number.

I have not obtained my Toursaver book yet but I made a tour reservation last November for this coming July.

You don't "need" to book in advance, but it is strongly recommended. Most vendors limit the number of coupons they take per day or per season. And when that limit is reached, tough.

As was mentioned on the other posts, looking on EBay or Craigslist will be MUCH better than the relatively limited viewing here on FT.

fti May 5, 2010 10:44 am

Originally Posted by SeattleMariner56 (Post 13831238)
I am looking for a northern lights coupon book. I have already searched eBay and didn't find any may be because the real season hasn't started yet. I am specifically looking for coupons for 26 glacier tour from Philips Cruises & Tours. We plan to take this tour in may end.

If anyone is looking to offload or share the cost of their book or just have these coupons to spare then email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Not sure when you are going and I might have a Toursaver book that has that coupon or a similar one (haven't checked yet). But with Toursaver you need the entire book.

yarleey May 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Alaska Tour Saver Coupon Book Wanted

Hello,

I am going go alaska mid june, 2010 and need the coupons for Talkeetna AirTaxi and Denali Bluffs.

Let me know if anybody doesn't require those coupons and willing to sell the book at a discounted price. If somebody wants the book for other than these coupons, I can sell the book after I used it at a discounted rates.

Thanks,

fti May 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by yarleey (Post 13952490)
Hello,

I am going go alaska mid june, 2010 and need the coupons for Talkeetna AirTaxi and Denali Bluffs.

Let me know if anybody doesn't require those coupons and willing to sell the book at a discounted price. If somebody wants the book for other than these coupons, I can sell the book after I used it at a discounted rates.

Thanks,

Welcome to FT.

If you are talking about Toursaver, you do indeed need the entire book. Since you are going relatively early in the season, chances are you would be better off buying the book and reselling it after you return than trying to buy a used one. You would need someone to be traveling in the next 2 weeks in order to have time to send it to you after they return.

cheflyer May 14, 2010 12:00 am

Originally Posted by yarleey (Post 13952490)
Hello,

Thanks,

-------------------

When are you leaving and where are you? Maybe I can sell the book to you after my tripwhich ends on june 11. Let me know.

cheflyer May 14, 2010 12:02 am

Hi,

I have Alaska Tour saver book and I will be using only couple of coupons. I will return by June 12th and if anyone interested we can make a deal.. Thanks!

yarleey May 14, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks for the reply.

I will be departing on Jun 12th and coming back on Jun 20 from PHL. So I guess, this won't work.

I have Northern Lights Coupon Book already. So this deal would be ideal for anybody travelling in July.

Regards,

jfhscott May 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by yarleey (Post 13957647)
Thanks for the reply.

I will be departing on Jun 12th and coming back on Jun 20 from PHL. So I guess, this won't work.

I have Northern Lights Coupon Book already. So this deal would be ideal for anybody travelling in July.

Regards,

I've used the toursaver books for several years - when I go in August, I pick up a used one on eBay. When I have gone as early as you, I've bitten the bullet, and bought new, selling later.

chunky649 May 16, 2010 12:33 am

I am going through ANC July 4-10. I will be travelling alone this time. Any good coupons for a Seward tour (not buy 1 get one free) or car rental?

fti May 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by chunky649 (Post 13965457)
I am going through ANC July 4-10. I will be travelling alone this time. Any good coupons for a Seward tour (not buy 1 get one free) or car rental?

You can check out the coupons here:

Toursaver:
www.toursaver.com

Northern Lights book:
http://www.alaska-discounts.com/

Almost all the coupons are 2-for-1. Avis has a coupon for 1 free day but my understanding is that it is extremely difficult to use. I would not base my car rental decision solely on that coupon.

yarleey May 19, 2010 9:18 am

ok, I have bought both Tour Saver and Northern Lights coupon books. I am going to Alaska from Jun 12 - Jun 20.

Let me know if anyone is interested in these coupon books. I can sell it to you at discounted price for the people travelling after my vacation.

Thanks,

SeattleMariner56 May 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by fti (Post 13904114)
Not sure when you are going and I might have a Toursaver book that has that coupon or a similar one (haven't checked yet). But with Toursaver you need the entire book.

Thanks for your reply! I decided to buy a new Northern lights coupon book. I would be back from my trip on June 2nd and may be would post what all coupons I ended up using and if I want to sell the book.

Wish you all a safe and wonderful trip to AK!

Thanks,

carsonheim May 21, 2010 4:38 pm

prince william sound day cruise tour coupons

Husband I will be in ANC next week for 1.5 days, and really only want to do one of those 1/2 day cruises... anyone have a left over or deeply discounted coupon they will not be using? I will pay your priority mail shipping :D

PM is best so I don't forget I posted this, LOL!!!

thanks!

chunky649 May 23, 2010 10:58 pm

I looked at both coupon book. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much for a single visitor (mostly buy-1-get-1-free).

Since others are soliciting selling/buying coupon books, would it be appropriate to as if someone want to "share a coupon" with me? (I don't have such a coupon yet, but I guess I can buy it off someone here)

I'm looking at taking the Kenai Fjord 8.5 or 9.5hr tour on July 6 at Seward... The cost per person is $143 or $169!

PM me if interested!