Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Early arrival - 90 minutes for rental car

Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum

Hi everyone,

My gf and I are on the red-eye from LAX that arrives in ANC this Sunday at 4:30 am. We have a rental car with Hertz who has informed us that 6:00 am is the earliest we can pick up our vehicle. Anyone have any suggestions on how to kill 90 minutes in/around the airport? I have PP access as well as AS lounges but am not sure if any will be open; is there a diner or someting that would be close to the airport?

Thanks in advance,
Voldoo
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:50 pm

The Alaska Airlines lounge is open at 5AM. We were on that LAX to ANC flight in July and spent some time there before connecting to our final destination. The airport is fairly busy at that hour, so some stores and eateries are open. One potential problem might be leaving luggage unclaimed for 90 minutes though.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by drseagrass
The Alaska Airlines lounge is open at 5AM. We were on that LAX to ANC flight in July and spent some time there before connecting to our final destination. The airport is fairly busy at that hour, so some stores and eateries are open. One potential problem might be leaving luggage unclaimed for 90 minutes though.
This is helpful, thank you. It's a short trip for us so we are only going to be traveling with carry-on, so no issues about leaving the terminal to collect bags. Do you know if AS will let us into their lounge since technically we do not have a same-day boarding pass? (Our boading pass from the arrival flight departes at 23:55 the night before). Either way, it's nice to know there will be some shops open where we can at least grab a bite and some coffee.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:49 pm

If you are a Alaska Lounge member, it's no problem to stop on arrival. For Priority Pass members, maybe not, as they ask for a boarding pass at reception, and I don't know if a boarding pass from an arrival flight is sufficient.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drseagrass
If you are a Alaska Lounge member, it's no problem to stop on arrival. For Priority Pass members, maybe not, as they ask for a boarding pass at reception, and I don't know if a boarding pass from an arrival flight is sufficient.
Thank you again.

Since I have completed the trip already I thought I would share. I was allowed to access the Lounge using my AS lounge passes without an issue. However, I was originally not able to access the lounge with my priority pass since I only had a BP for an arriving flight that departed the night before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.