Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Access to ANC Alaska lounge on arrival (with Priority Pass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:14 am
Original Poster

I'm wondering if I can use my Priority Pass Select to access Alaska lounge on arrival. In the description on their website, they say "Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel" - technically, I will have same-day boarding pass, just not for departure... Anyone had such experience?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Shouldn’t be a problem. But if you’re expecting a world-class arrivals lounge you may want to temper your expectations.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Chugach
Shouldn’t be a problem. But if you’re expecting a world-class arrivals lounge you may want to temper your expectations.
Didn't know that lounges were available to arriving passengers. Is that standard for all AS lounges at all airports?
TIA
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure about all airports, but in the ANC it worked for us without any questions on arrival (though they did check the boarding pass). We had less luck on our departure however: there were already too many people in the lounge, so they only allowed "true" business passengers and Club members.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do PP rules say anything about whether you can use their lounge program for arrivals lounges? Most nonUSA airlines are very strict about this unless the lounge is officially designated as an arrivals lounge, but I do recall some discussion about PP formerly having a landside lounge at SIN that functioned as an arrivals lounge there even though it wasn't officially called an arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do PP rules say anything about whether you can use their lounge program for arrivals lounges? Most nonUSA airlines are very strict about this unless the lounge is officially designated as an arrivals lounge, but I do recall some discussion about PP formerly having a landside lounge at SIN that functioned as an arrivals lounge there even though it wasn't officially called an arrivals lounge.
Might want to ask this on our Airport Lounges forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It appears that since the break with Delta, AS has been regularly closing the lounge to non-Club members. When it was partners with DL, we never had any trouble accessing it on arrival or departure.

There are legendary tales of guys with Club membership who worked at the airport or nearby, in years long past, convening in the Club (then called the Board Room) for pancake breakfasts with no boarding passes required. There was an abrupt stop put to such when Alaska became aware of it.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:14 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by monitor
It appears that since the break with Delta, AS has been regularly closing the lounge to non-Club members. When it was partners with DL, we never had any trouble accessing it on arrival or departure.

There are legendary tales of guys with Club membership who worked at the airport or nearby, in years long past, convening in the Club (then called the Board Room) for pancake breakfasts with no boarding passes required. There was an abrupt stop put to such when Alaska became aware of it.
I think it has much more to do with introduction and success of CSR than anything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.