Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

sufficient connection time from KTN airport to Ferry Terminal

Old May 11, 15, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP

First time to Alaska- I am planning to book the SEA- KTN flight in June, arriving at KTN at 8.43 am. I have booked the Alaska Ferry (MV Columbia) from Ketchikan to Juneau leaving same day at 11 am. Looking at requirement to check in 1 hour prior to the departure of the ferry, would I have sufficient time to reach the ferry terminal before 10 am...assuming no checked luggage...??
Old May 14, 15, 1:23 pm

Yup.

Lots of time. The Marine Highway Ferry terminal is only a 10-15minute walk from the airport.

Just keep in mind, the airport ferry leaves the airport every half our on the half hour (830,9) so don't dilly dally. If you miss the 9am ferry, you'll have to wait for the 930. Even then, you'll still have plenty of time.

Make sure you check the ferry schedule daily, there's been some breakdowns already and some major time changes!
Old May 16, 15, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by CBear View Post
Yup.

Lots of time. The Marine Highway Ferry terminal is only a 10-15minute walk from the airport.

Just keep in mind, the airport ferry leaves the airport every half our on the half hour (830,9) so don't dilly dally. If you miss the 9am ferry, you'll have to wait for the 930. Even then, you'll still have plenty of time.

Make sure you check the ferry schedule daily, there's been some breakdowns already and some major time changes!
Thank you so much for the quick reply...............on a related note.....can anyone recommend me few hotels I should choose from in Juneau for 2 night stop. I am looking at a non smoking, family friendly hotel...doesnt have to be in downtown as I would be taking a rental car.

Search this Thread