Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Lodging Options for late arrival to FAI

Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

I have a flight that will get me into FAI at 2 am in February. Rental car offices seem like they are closed at that time. Is there a hotel with a shuttle service at that hour? I need to stay close to the airport so I can pick up a car in the morning.

Also, for those with FAI experience. If I am leaving for BRW at 7:50 AM on Saturday, what is a recommended time to arrive at the airport?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I've noticed that no one has responded yet. The Fairbanks folks will probably catch up in a day or so and while I don't have the specific FAI knowledge, I'll pass some Alaska generalities on to you.

There are a number of hotels within a couple of miles of the airport and the hotels are used to arrivals at all hours. While their web site may say they they have shuttle service, it may be limited hours. I've also found that some hotels use a contract service rather than their own vehicles and employees.

I've always been successful in getting the information with a phone call. You can get a list at www,hotels.com and it's only a few miles from FAI to downtown.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Pike's Lodge and Alpine Lodge are both next to the airport. I routinely stay at Pike's; they have a shuttle and are very friendly.

As for getting to the airport, there are three AS flights all leaving about that same time...one to SCC/BRW, one to ANC, and one to SEA. I routinely fly in and out of FAI and there is rarely a long security line. Getting there by 6:30 should give you plenty of time.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Thanks. I saw the Alpine, I will look into Pikes. Good to hear about 6:30 as that is the time the Hertz rental office opens.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ghia74
Thanks. I saw the Alpine, I will look into Pikes. Good to hear about 6:30 as that is the time the Hertz rental office opens.
Hertz has an after-hours drop box at their counter in the terminal. No need to wait for them to open.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.